Chapter 1

"Jaeyoon! Be ready, the princess is coming!"

The King shouted outside, reason for Jaeyoon to roll his eyes. He went in front of the mirror. Jaeyoon fixed his tuxedo and accessories for the last time before pushing his hair to the back.

He looked at himself in the mirror and stared at it for a little longer.

'Damn, how long are you going to live like this, Jaeyoon?' Jaeyoon asked himself with a deep sigh.

"Jaeyoon, honey? Are you alright?" someone asked behind the door of his room and he knows, the owner of the voice is his lovely mother "Would you let me in?" she asked.

"Yes, you may, my Queen" the queen smiled softly before opening the door

"I told you to just call me mother when no one is around" the Queen said while laughing softly. Jaeyoon smiled slightly and looked at her mother.

"You look so gorgeous tonight, mother" Jaeyoon complimented the woman in front of him making the Queen smile bigger.

"No, Jaeyoon. YOU look so stunning tonight" the Queen said in return but Jaeyoon's smile was gone because of it and looked back at the mirror.

"Mother, I don't want to do this" Jaeyoon said as his sight got a little blurry because of tears forming in his eyes. The Queen smiled bitterly and looked at his son in the mirror. A hand made its way to Jaeyoon's back and patted him softly.

"It's hard to say but you need to just accept your fate too, son. We have nothing to do" the Queen said while looking at his gorgeous son beside him.

"I just can't accept the fact that I need to get married to a stranger! To someone I don't even love!" Jaeyoon said half shouting out of anger. He clenched his fist while stopping the urge to cry in front of his mother. The Queen then took a deep sharp breath before speaking.

"Jaeyoon, I'm really sorry about this. I have nothing to do--" the Queen said but Jaeyoon cut him off immediately.

Jaeyoon put his both hands on the Queen's shoulders, side by side, forcing the older one to face him. Jaeyoon pulled a bitter smile before speaking.

"Mother, seeing you apologize to something you are a victim too is hurting me so much. Please don't blame yourself for this. This is neither our fault, understand?" Jaeyoon said to his mother. The Queen just nod to him and extended his arms, requesting a hug from his son.

They hugged each other with smiles on their faces even though it hurts when someone opened the door harshly, making the Queen and the prince flinch and jumped a little because of the sudden voice.

"I told you that the princess will be arriving quickly. Are you ready?" the King asked nonchalantly to the prince. The prince and the Queen then stood up and bowed their heads for the King.

"I'm all ready, father" Jaeyoon said and the King raised one of his eyebrows arrogantly.

"Call me King!" the King blurted out, emphasizing the word 'King'. Jaeyoon just nod and answered.

"Yes, my King" Jake said stoically.

"The long table is ready, you need to go there quickly before the Queen and the princess of Rodiena (row-di-ye-nuh) arrive" the King said without an emotion and leave the room quickly.

Jaeyoon took a deep breath and looked at her mother.

"Mother, I think we should go" Jaeyoon said to his mother. The Queen nodded and looked at herself in the mirror for the last time before starting to go.