Chapter 13

“Noooooooooooooooo! Why did you leave him?!” Jake exclaimed with his eyes fixed on the screen, questioning the lead character.

Sunghoon just looked at him with exasperated eyes.

“Jake, can you please shut your mouth? How would we be able to watch in peace if you keep talking there” Sunghoon said.

“I’m sorry, I just got carried away” Jake said.

They stayed like this for minutes while sitting together on the couch, but not too close to each other since Sunghoon made sure that they have enough distance to avoid what just happened a while ago.

“Yah yah yah! See? I told you, he cannot live without her” Jake excitedly said as he watched the two main characters talking once again. Sunghoon, on the other hand, just questioned himself why did he let Jake drag him to watch a romantic movie. Thank goodness, it was not a horror movie because if it is, Jake will surely scream endlessly. Jake was very talkative indeed!

“You love romance that much, huh?” Sunghoon asked and Jake nodded.

“How about you? Oh have you had a girlfriend before?” Jake asked him but Sunghoon just frowned.

“Don’t ask such things like that” Sunghoon said and with that, Jake suddenly felt bad. He just mentally slapped himself for asking something personal.

“I’m sorry” Jake murmured. Sunghoon might be very emotionless but this time, his eyes show pure sadness.

“I’ve had one before but… my best friend is a snake so I just let them be” Sunghoon said shortly which made Jake turn his head to him with a worried face.

“Oww, I’m sorry about that” Jake whispered as he scooted over beside Sunghoon to pat his shoulders and comfort him. Jake thinks that it’s his fault for bringing up this issue but Sunghoon, on the other hand, wants to tell him ‘Don’t be sorry about it. It’s not your fault’  but just decided to keep silent.

Sunghoon then felt comfort for what he did so he just let Jake do whatever he wanted and they just stayed like that, doing nothing.

"Aww~ that was sweet" Jake said as the two main characters kissed on the movie that they watched. Sunghoon just rolled his eyes. He hates romance, it's cringy.

Maybe, it is because he was already hurt before.

They were both so attached to the movie that they doesn't even notice that they are already sitting beside each other.

Sunghoon used to hate human contacts, he hates being to close to each other but this time, he just let Jake beside him because if that was other people, Sunghoon will immediately scoot himself away from that person.

But this didn't mean that he is letting Jake be friends with him.

And after a few more minutes of watching, Sunghoon was too focused to the movie and thank goodness that Jake already shut his mouth. He also noticed that Jake was really silent now that is not ususal for the guy.

Sunghoon then turned his head to look at him and saw Jake's eyes closed while hugging one of the throw pillows on the couch. Sunghoon smirked at the sight as he remembered what the older told him just a while ago.

"Still too early to sleep, huh?" Sunghoon whispered while letting a chuckle let out of his mouth.

But without even noticing, he found himself staring for too long to the other.

Yes, he was pushing Jake away from him earlier but deep inside him, he was thankful that Jake came to bring him dinner because first of all, he was too bored. Secondly, he was too hungry but too lazy to cook something for himself.