Chapter 33

Hello everyone!
I just wanna show you the new cover of this book hehe. This was made by my older sis so thank you very muchie~

Anyways, huge respect for the one who edited this picture above. This photo is not mine and I don't know who made it. I just saw it somewhere, but I want to give a proper credits so... if ever you are the one, please consider yourself credited and thank you for making this hella good photo hihi

Alright. Let's go now to the story.

Another day where the celebration will happen, the other housemates were still sleeping in their rooms as the aroma of cake being baked in the oven surrounding the whole kitchen, delighting Jake's nostrils.

Jake smiled at the sight as he did what he was requested to do for this day. He was now washing the dishes while humming a song softly. He woke up early this morning to prepare a cake for the birthday boy. Well, he's happy, more than obliged for the request.

Today is a special day for Sunghoon, and as a good friend, Jake asked him yesterday what he wanted to receive on this day. Jake wanted to give him a special and expensive gift and also saved lots of money for this but all Sunghoon told him that he wanted is a cake.

Sunghoon said that all his life, he has been swimming in money and expensive things from everything that they stole from their missions. That's why accepting materialistic things would just be a waste for him. For him, there's nothing special with those, because what he considers special is something that was made with effort and love.

That was also the reason why Jake gave all of his heart with making this cake. It should be special for the special person in his life. He was very thankful for meeting him in the land because even though their first impression to each other was different, now they completely know each other and thanks God, Sunghoon changed his way of dealing with people.

And with that, he knows more than anyone else that he already fulfilled his promise to Jimin which is to teach Sunghoon how to trust people.

Then Jake heard footsteps coming from behind him as he placed the washed dishes on the rack.

"The smell was so great" the younger said while getting water from the fridge, making Jake giggle.

"Oh did I wake you up?" He asked but the younger one shook his head.

"Nope, the aroma did" Niki said and chuckled as he sat on the dining table with a glass of water in his hand. He then roamed his eyes in the kitchen, and when his eyes landed on the oven, he snorted.

"Hyung, if I were you, I wouldn't make that for him" Nik told him, making Jake look at him, confused.

"Why though?" he asked and gave Niki a bread for his breakfast.

"Well, you see. Sunghoon hyung doesn't really celebrate his birthday. Jay said that happened since their father died. They have been really close and all, and when he died, Sunghoon carried the grief to him that celebrations don't excite him anymore" he said. "Actually, he doesn't usually celebrate with us even when we succeed in a mission. He always says 'I'm fine, don't mind me' or 'Tss. Just go and leave me alone'" Niki said as he portrayed the same personality that Sunghoon has before, making Jake laugh.

"I'm sure he'll like it. He was also the one who requested this to me" Jake said with a mirth, making Niki furrow his eyebrows.

"Really? That doesn't sound like him" Niki said and took a bite of his bread.

"Tss. Do I look like I'm lying to you?" Jake asked with a sneer.

"Wow, you really are something" Niki said and chuckled. "You know what? There are lots of things that changed when you and Sunoo hyung came in our lives"