Chapter 2

The next day, Ningning went back to the kingdom of Sapphirila to meet Jaeyoon and talk about the plan. They sat in the mini garden behind the walls so no one could hear what they were talking about.

King Yoongi looked at both from afar and smiled softly, seeing the both getting along well. He swam to approach the both but luckily, he can’t hear anything that they are talking about.

“I’m glad to see the both of you getting closer quickly” the King said while looking at both of them. The two just wear their fake smile for the King not to feel suspicious.

“So what are you talking about?” King Yoongi asked. Jaeyoon’s eyes widened for a bit while thinking about what excuse could he give his father. He’s so pure that it’s really hard for him to lie. Ningning saw Jaeyoon’s state so she immediately stepped up for the both of them.

“Oh, we’re just getting to know each other, King Yoongi. Why is there anything that we need to do?” Ningning confidently spoke in front of the King.

“No. There’s nothing. I just want to check what you are doing” the King said and NIngning nodded.

“Okay, I won’t disturb the both of you anymore and get to know each other quickly, just wanna remind you that the wedding is getting closer and closer, so should you” the King said to the both.

“Yes, King Yoongi. Just don’t hesitate to call us whenever we are needed” the princess said. King Yoongi nodded and started to swim away.

When the King is no longer seen, Jaeyoon took a long deep breath to release his nervousness.

“Yah, Shim Jaeyoon! Are you mute or what?” Ningning said to Jaeyoon teasingly while chuckling. Jaeyoon just rubbed his nape.

“I’m sorry, I just can’t lie in front of other mermen, especially my father” Jaeyoon said.

“Tss, can’t lie.. your face! You need to gain courage for our plan. Haishh why is your heart as pure as milk” Ningning said which made Jaeyoon giggle.

“Sorry, that’s just the way I am” Jaeyoon said while shrugging. Ningning laughed at him.

“You're hilarious” Ningning said and looked back at Jaeyoon.

“Jaeyoon-ah, so are we going to the witch to seek some help?” Ningning asked which made Jaeyoon feel nervous for a while.

“Witches are witches, what if they harm us? They are dangerous, aren’t they?” Jaeyoon said.

“Jaeyoon, how would we know if we don’t try? Hence, I heard that they knew almost everything in the ocean” Ningning said to Jaeyoon. Jaeyoon took a sharp breath.

“O-okay fine. We’ll find them” Jaeyoon said, almost a whisper.

Ningning smiled at the younger’s response and laid down the seaweeds, covering the oceanic crust.

“I’m glad that I met someone like you, Jaeyoon” Ningning said and closed her eyes “You made me realize that not every royal bood wants power and possessions, you simply want freedom. I hope that this plan would be successful so we can both be happy”

Jaeyoon looked back at Ningning with a smile when a question suddenly popped out his head.

“Uhm, you don't have to answer this if you don't want to but… may you share something about K-Karina and your relationship with her?” Jaeyoon asked. Ningning smiled gently as he heard the name of her lover. She sat once again and looked at Jaeyoon while her eyes are shining from the Kingdom’s light.