Chapter 23

Not so far from where they parked the car, Sunghoon and Jake reached a familiar place to Jake. He just stared at it while they are walking closer and closer to the area.

“Wait, is that a cave?” Jake asked as he pointed his finger to the cave near them.

“Duh, obviously” Sunghoon just said, making Jake look at him as if he was saying ‘shut the fuck up, Sunghoon’.

Sunghoon just chuckled before walking quicker to get there faster, dragging Jake alongside him.

And when they entered the cave, Jake just let out a cute “Whoa~” of astonishment from the place.

Sunghoon then walked towards the side of the cave to look for small woods that he can use for making a bonfire since he can also feel that the place is getting colder.

“It doesn't change at all..” Jake whispered so that Sunghoon wouldn’t notice him.

Back when Jake was a child, Jake went there to take a look at the sunset or the moon whenever he got lucky from escaping from the castle guards and when his father, King Yoongi, was not around. It also became his resting place when he was a child after getting stressed from the chaos of the kingdom.

And the last time he went there was when the Queen of Rodiena came to the kingdom of Sapphirila to make an agreement forcing Ningning and Jake into a wedding. That is when he first saw Sunghoon with lots of wounds around his body. Now he knew why Sunghoon’s body was tinted with blood and lots of wounds during that time. It was because of their job.

“Hey stop staring” Sunghoon just said before finishing the bonfire and sitting down in the center of the cave.

“Sungie, how do you know about this place?” Jake asked him while sitting down at the rock where Sunghoon was also sitting.

“I just found it when I was in middle school. This is my comfort place, you know. I go here especially when I am too stressed out” Sunghoon said while looking outside the cave. Well, Jake was he first person he brought in his favorite place.

And that is when Sunghoon realized that it was a long time since he last went here. Maybe a month or more? Seems like he rarely get stressed since the two mermen came to their lives.

“Ooh, interesting. Why this place though?” Jake asked while enjoying the sound of the ocean in front of them with a genuine smile.

Sunghoon sighed, "I don’t know. There’s just something in this place that is so special that I can’t even point out what. It’s just wonderful how this place connected the land and the ocean” Sunghoon said.

Jake then looked at Sunghoon once again.

‘It’s just wonderful how this place connected the land and the ocean’

Sunghoon’s words echoed to his mind. He smiled. Yeah, this place really connected the ocean and the land, the merman and a man, Jake and Sunghoon.

“You know what? I’m really glad to meet a person like you” Jake suddenly said, making Sunghoon look back at him to listen to what the older will say.

“You are an amazing person, Sungie. You’re just like an ocean. So deep, so mysterious yet you still have an undiscovered persona inside you” Jake said sincerely while Sunghoon was also staring back at him.

They already talked for multiple times, but he hasn’t seen Jake in this close. He can clearly see how Jake’s eyes reflected the light of the moon, the pointed nose that scrunches when he laughs, his perfect lips that could be used for lipstick advertisement, the softness of the older’s skin, his fluffy brownish hair that made him look like a puppy even more and the cute cheeks that he always wanted to pinch.