Chapter 31

(pctto)
This photo is not mine

Anyways, I just love this photo of my precious YoonMin here, so scream with me!!

Anyways, this is a double update so please make sure that you already read the previous chapter~

Sitting at the sand, Jake and Jimin sat beside each other as they let the air fan their clothes and hair. Since they entered the car till they reached here, no one spoke between them as if the awkward silence was dominating them. Hugging his knees nearer to his chest, Jake took a sigh as he watched the ocean, splashing in front of him.

"Shim Jaeyoon" Jimin started, making Jake look at him with a pure shocked expression. "That's your real name, right?" Jimin asked further, turning his head beside him to meet Jake's eyes.

"Y-Yes. How did you know? Sunoo was the only one aware about it" Jake said, almost a whisper but Jimin still managed to hear.

"And you are a prince" he said with full seriousness in his tone, making Jake's eyes wide, looking at him, surprised.

Damn, how did he know?

Silence was all Jake could reply, not able to speak or answer Jimin, yet Jimin still knew what's the answer.

"You introduced yourself as Shim Jaeyoon the first time we met, and I do understand why you have to use a fake name here in the land" Jimin explained, and Jake just gulped in nervousness, not knowing where this conversation would go.

But what made him even more nervous was the way Jimin looked at him, straight into his eyes as he asked "You are a prince. Why did you engage in those kinds of activities? I won't lie, but it made me really disappointed to you"

"I'm really sorry, uncle. I just want to help them, but I know, this is definitely a bad way to help" Jake said and lowered his head, averting his eyes away from Jimin's gaze.

"Indeed, Jaeyoon. This is very wrong, you have to be a role model to your kingdom, and show what's right to the people. What would your father think when he knew?" he said, making Jake furrow his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry again, uncle. I promise not to make the same mistake again. I'll think wisely next time. Sorry" he said with sorry in his voice, feeling so bad for what he did, but a sudden question popped up from his thoughts.

"Uhmm uncle, can I know how you know about my identity?" Jake asked cautiously, as he carefully went closer to Jimin.

"I just knew it from the start, the first day I met you. Even though you are already using contacts on that day, I can see in your eyes that you are different from us. I can clearly feel that you and Sunoo are special" Jimin said, voice now soft and gentle as he looked at the ocean in front of them.

It was not the ocean where Sunghoon and Jake saw when they were at their secret place which is the cave. It is farther than that, the different view of the ocean.

"Why? How? Have you met a merman before?" Jake asked him, curiosity growing even more, making Jimin smile.

"Yup. I met a merman before, and I feel the same energy towards you" he stated and smiled a little. "I can definitely see him to you, Jaeyoon"

And with that, Jake listened further, like a magnet that pulled him into the conversation.

"He was a kind person, really. The first time I saw him here in the ocean, he was just watching the people around him with his cute feline eyes. His white skin reflected the beautiful sunset behind him and innocence enveloped his whole being. He was so cute, actually" he said and smiled softly while reminiscing about those days.