Chapter 14

Jake and Sunoo excitedly walked back to their house while slightly hopping at excitement. Yesterday, Sunoo and him just got their first salary from working in a coffee shop that Jimin’s friend owns and just a while ago, Sunoo and him finally bought a phone for themselves as a reward from working hard. Sunoo also taught Jake already on how to use it while they are on the bus.

“Hello everyone!” Sunoo happily greeted the others upon entering the door.

“You seem so happy today, huh? What happened?” Niki asked them while sitting comfortably on the couch with a smile on his lips.

“Well, we just bought a new phone” Jake announced which made Niki more excited.

“Really? Let’s play a game then after you change” Niki exclaimed, inviting the both to play the online game that he really loves to play with Sunoo whenever they have free time.

“Okay! Just wait for a while” Sunoo said and giggled before going to his and Jake’s shared room excitedly. Jake just laughed at the cuteness of the younger ones but declined Niki’s offer afterwards.

“I’m sorry, Niki. I don’t even know how to play that game” Jake said and laughed. Niki then just looked at him with a teasing smile and spoke.

“Tss. Boomer” Niki teased the older which made Jake look at him with shocked eyes, feeling humiliated at what the younger said.

“Boomer, huh?” Jake said while walking into Niki’s direction.

“Hyung Noooooo!” Niki yelled before bursting into laughter as Jake attacked him with tickles for calling him a boomer.

“So, aside from being a boomer, what are you planning to do for today?” Niki asked him with a mischievous smile when he teased him again but thankfully, Jake just decided to shrug it off this time and lean his back at the soft backrest of the couch.

“Hmm actually, I wanted to go outside but I don’t want to go alone. I was also going to ask you but I know, you prefer playing that stupid game with Sunoo more” Jake said. This time, it is his turn to smirk mischievously as he mentioned the name of the male’s crush. Niki was fighting back to smile but failed otherwise.

“Oh! How about Wonnie and Jay? Where are they?” Jake asked while roaming his eyes, if ever they could see Jay and Jungwon.

“They are inside their room. Don’t disturb them, they are just probably cuddling on Jay hyung’s bed” Niki said.

“Okay, then I’ll invite uncle Jimin instead” Jake said before standing up and knocking on Jimin and Niki’s shared room.

“Come in!”Jimin yelled inside.

Jake then slowly twisted the door knob to enter the room and saw Jimin doing something on his laptop.

“Uncle, you’re busy?” Jake asked the older man as he looked at what Jimin is doing on his laptop.

“Ah yeah. This is for my work” Jimin said before stopping what he is doing to face Jake who is comfortably sitting at the edge of Jimin’s bed while looking around “Why? Do you need something?” Jimin asked.

“Oh actually, I was just going to ask if you want to hang out for a bit since I just got my first salary yesterday. I wanted to treat you tonight but it seems like you are too busy for today” Jake said. Jimin took a sigh and chuckled.

“I’m sorry, Jake. Next time, okay?” Jimin said and ruffled Jake’s hair.

“How about the others?” Jimin asked.