Chapter 30

The silence enveloping the room was giving them solace at the moment, still sitting beside each other while patiently waiting for any help they could get. The moon shines brightly outside the window, giving them the illumination that they needed, enough to see each other inside the abandoned room that they are staying in.

Jake hugged his knees tightly as the cold breeze of air touched his clothed skin. As the night gets later, the colder it gets for them. He shivers at his seat but he has nothing to use inside the room for all that they can see were the used house equipment and things that can do nothing for the coldness he was feeling.

He sighed in defeat. He has to endure the cold for the night because of his fault. "I'm sorry" Jake was the first to break the silence between them, muttering an apology for what he did which just made Sunghoon look at him with a confused look, questioning the apology.

"For what?" he asked as he whipped his head towards him.

"For this. We're stuck here because I suggested this place. Only if I know" he said in a low voice, trembling a little because of shivering.

"Why? If you don't choose this place then we would've been caught by those people. We're safe because we hide here. Don't blame yourself. Besides, if not because of you, we wouldn't get the diamonds from Mr. Jeong" Sunghoon answered softly to ease his thoughts.

"Aren't you cold? You okay there?" Jake asked with worry in his tone when he returned the gaze to Sunghoon.

"I'm fine, you?" Sunghoon said and stood up, looking for a signal as he tried contacting their housemates again, using the in-ears but failed once again.

"I'm fine too, but honestly, it's getting a little cold here" Jake said and chuckled, watching Sunghoon walking around the room, saying "Snow Leo here. Can you hear me?", yet he paused for a moment to ask Jake something.

"So... What happened inside? Did he hurt you, or something?" Sunghoon asked, making Jake shake his head.

"Nope, but he has a mischievous hand. Good thing, I already got the diamonds before he did something dangerous" he answered and chuckled once again.

A cold wind then went inside the room once again, making the curtain of the room dance with it, and Jake shivers in an unpleasant feeling of coldness surrounding him, gaining Sunghoon's attention.

"Here. Use this" Sunghoon said and threw his jacket towards Jake's direction.

"Eh? You need it too though" Jake stated as he showed the jacket to Sunghoon, but then, Sunghoon just continue what he was doing, not giving Jake the opportunity to return the jaket.

"You need that more than I do. Your shirt is too thin for the cold. Where did ever Jungwon saw that kind of clothes?" Sunghoon said and rolled his eyes as he looked through a box placed under the table.

"Ohoho, Jungwon said I look sexy with these that's why he chose these, and look! Mr. Jeong actually fell for my trap" he said and laughed as he wore Sunghoon's jacket, his smell occupying Jake's nostrils as he did, making him smile a little while still sitting.

"And that is actually a bad idea, wearing those kinds of clothes on a cold night. Don't be fooled by Jungwon. He always praises how people look. That's his habit"

"Oh really? He also said that you were looking at me when we were arriving at the bar" Jake said in a teasing tone, right at the moment that Sunghoon saw the blanket that he saw a while ago when they were looking for a key or something to use to open the door.