Chapter 29

Jake and Sunoo watch their other four housemates with eyebrows stitched together, curious as to what got into them. They watched the four sit across from them with a glance that Sunoo thinks there's something that they need.

Jay then first cleared his throat then decided to gain all of his confidence to ask Jake. "Uhmm hi hehe" he started, making Sunoo and Jake more confused. "So, we'll be having another mission this Wednesday evening in a bar and.. we kinda, you know, short of member" Jay said and pursed his lips. "And actually, about that, we've decided to seek help from our most generous, most handsome and most considerate housemate" Jay said with softness in his voice, desperate to persuade the younger. "That depends if he's willing to help this time" Jay said and looked at Jake. "Jake, will you?" he asked.

Jake then jolted on his seat as he pointed to himself with a questioning look. "Oh me? Oh...kay then what kind of help do you need?" he asked the others.

"Well, so basically, all of us already have our own roles for this mission but we need someone this time to distract, entertain and sit beside the target, someone new preferably, not to make any of us familiar" Jay said and leaned closer to whisper something. "This is the second time we'll be stealing something with this man"

And with that, Jake just laughed at what he said. "So what kind of decoy do you need?"

Jay then held his chin to think about the target person. "Mr. Jeong is actually known as a flirt, regardless of gender. He likes pretty people with a charming smile, and that's what his weakness is. He's really hands-on with his business that he wants to give the items to his customer by himself so using someone to distract him with protecting the item will surely be a good thing for us" Jay explained to Jake and Jake nodded.

"So if ever I agree, I just have to have chit chats with him and get the items from him?" Jake asked with his head slightly tilted, making Jay enthusiastically nodded to him.

"But hyung, remember. We are not forcing you to help us with this one. We'll give you time to think about this thing and just agree if you really want to" Niki intruded while Jake was thinking deeply about the offer.

A moment of silence then wrapped around them as Jake deeply thought about the said mission while the others were patiently waiting for his response. "Uhmm well, it's kinda not that hard though. Besides, I really wanted to help the team" Jake said and turned his head to Sunoo, as if he was asking for his permission or ask if it is a right choice to agree, but Sunoo just gestured to him, telling him that this is a crucial subject that should be thought about more than once.

And with that, Jake inhaled sharply as he turned back his gaze to the Veleno members and smiled a little. "Ahh.." he started with a hesitance in his voice. "I-I will. I'll help you with this one"

They all blinked at his answer as Niki stood up in his seat, Jungwon covered his hand on his mouth due to shock, Jay and Sunoo smiled at him and Sunghoon literally froze like a statue.