11

Niall's P.O.V.

Hope is gone

The constant thought is lingering in the back of my mind as I help her family and the police try to find her. The last time I saw her was at Grayson's funeral when she walked away to collect herself. That was two days ago. The second I felt her move away I got worried. I didn't want her to go alone but she wanted me to focus on Athena, so I did. I knew I shouldn't have let her go, I knew what they were going to do.

Athena is sobbing into my shoulder and my heart is breaking a little bit for her. I try my hardest to comfort her by whispering sweet nothings into her ear and rubbing her back. I feel Hope break away from me and I immediately look towards her concern flooding my features.

She can't be away from me that's when they'll get her. She mouths to me "I'm okay, worry about her." I didn't want to let her go. I had to. I nod my head and turn my attention back to Athena fulfilling her wishes. I tried to keep my eye on her and I saw her go to the front of the mausoleum.

I knew they were here. I saw Harry a little bit earlier in the crowd of mourners blending in. The dick even had the audacity to wave and smirk at me when I caught his eye. Zayn or Louis are probably lurking somewhere around here but I don't see either one of them.

Mrs. Anderson comes up to me after a couple of minutes confused as to where Hope is. I gesture towards the mausoleum and I put Athena down turning her to her mom. She clings to her mother and I start to make my way to Hope. I turn the corner of the mausoleum and expect to see Hope but she's not there.

"Fuck." I curse out to myself. I start repeating all the profanities in my head as I look for any sign of her. I notice something on the ground by the steps, I pick it up and see it's her phone. Muttering more profanities I headed back to the service which was clearing up. When Mrs. Anderson notices me coming back with no Hope I see her start worrying. She rushes up to me.

"Niall where is she?" concern and fear lacing her voice. I suck in a breath and hope the fear in my eyes is enough to show her I'm scared shitless.

"I- I don't know" I breathe out. And it's the truth. I have no idea where they took her.

My phone snaps me out of my daydream and I see a text from Liam and it's an address.

It's where they're keeping her

I start collecting my things to leave and head to her when Athena comes up to me.

"Ni?" she whispers out. Athena has been non stop crying since the funeral. She thinks Hope left her which is the farthest thing from the truth.

"What's up A?" I respond bending down to her level so she doesn't have to crane her neck to look at me.

"Are you leaving me too?" She chokes out, her eyes filling with tears. She looks away from me and puts her head down.

My heart clenches because she thinks she'll lose me for good too. I pull her in for a hug and she starts crying even harder into my shoulder. I pull back and she's still looking away from me. I lightly tap my pointer finger on her jaw and bring her head forward so I can look into her eyes.

"A I have to go for a little bit but I'll be back I promise," I tell her with a stern but calm tone. She nods and breathes out a shuddering breath.

"Promise you won't leave me too." she breathes out tears still streaming down her face

"I promise." I lift my pinky finger to her and she wraps hers around mine and we kiss our thumbs to seal the deal. I pull her in for a quick hug and kiss the top of her forehead.

"I'll be back soon love." Athena nods and I turn to leave heading to my car ready to try and get Hope out of there before anything can happen.

****

Hope's P.O.V.

I don't know how long I've been here. I've slept for a majority of the time though. I think I've been here maybe a day because I get a water bottle every few hours but I haven't had a full meal yet. The only thing I've eaten is a granola bar that came with one of the water bottles when it was thrown in my cell.

I've lost most of my hope but I still have a tiny sliver that I'm praying I won't lose. I have no energy even though all I've done is sleep and daydream about leaving. I start to hear yelling and scrambling footsteps.

"Where the fuck is she, Harry!" I hear the voice yell. It sounds so familiar but I can't place it. I hear footsteps outside my door and hear the locks turning.

"Chill out, she's right here," Harry answers as the door pushes open. My hand comes up to shield the light that has invaded my sight to try to see who else is there.

"Hope oh my god." I hear them say as they move towards me and I immediately recognize the Irish accent. I could cry at how happy I am right now.

I've been saved.

"Niall!" I reach my arms out to hug him and my arms wrap around his neck as he wraps his around my shoulders. I start crying tears of joy into his neck knowing I won't be in this hell any longer.

"Shh you're okay Hope, you're okay," he whispers into my ear as he rubs my back. He pulls back and gives me a look of sorrow. 

He's not saving me.

"Harry! What the fuck! You can't be keeping her here! Are you serious right now!" Niall starts yelling at Harry who is standing by the door with his arms crossed over his chest looking like he'd rather be anywhere but here.

"I can and I will. Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do." Harry states smugly coming across the room to face Niall who looks like he's about to blow a gasket. Niall just huffs out a response and turns back to me noticing my somber expression.

"You're not here to take me home are you?" my voice whispers up to Niall.

"I'm sorry Hope. I wish I could but I can't." Niall's eyes start to form tears and he leans down to push a strand of hair back behind my ear but I flinch away from his touch.

"God Hope, I'm so sorry I never wanted this to happen. I tried so hard to stop it." His tears finally fall as he stands back up. My heart has literally broken into two. I've been betrayed by the person I've trusted most.

"It's fine Niall. Don't worry about it." I give him a somber smile and look away. Niall realizes that I don't want to talk or see him anymore, Harry is already out the door. As Niall reaches the threshold he turns around and gives me another guilt-ridden look.

"I'm so sorry Hope. I promise I'll get you out." I just nod and stare straight ahead trying not to dissociate even more. All I can feel is numbness. I don't feel sad or angry, I just feel nothing. Niall closes the door and I hear the locks click, taking my last sliver of hope with him.

********

Happy Valentine's day guys! I hope that you all had a wonderful day celebrating with family, s/o's, or friends! I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday so my current valentine is an ice pack. Anyways I hope you guys have a great day and the next chapter will be up Sunday! -Jessie❤️