40

Harry's POV

3 years ago...

I wake up with a pounding in my head but most importantly alone. I groan looking around for my love but I can't seem to find her.

"Hope?" my hoarse voice calls out. I wait for any response, any sign but it's all silence. I sit up and that's when it hits me. The club, the arguing, the words I said.

"Fuck!" I yell jumping out of bed and heading to the spare room. I twist the doorknob flinging the door open, happy that she's letting me in, except she's not here. The bed is made, nothing is out of place. I furrow my eyebrows running downstairs, seeing a piece of paper on the counter.

The paper is addressed to me written in her messy but somehow neat writing. I open up the paper reading the words she wrote.

Our tears stain the paper, smudging the words even more. I fucked up. I pushed her away. She doesn't want me anymore.

This is all my fault.

**************

Hope's POV

Now

To say life has been amazing since leaving is an understatement. Athena and I have adjusted greatly to our surroundings. Our neighbors love us, we have friends, I've had the occasional fling here and there. I love my life for once.

It's around noon here and I'm doing my daily routine of sitting on my bedroom floor staring at the waves hitting the sand. My dad remembered the one thing I wanted to do as a kid and I couldn't be more grateful. Ever since I was a child I've always wanted to move to Hawaii, and now being able to live here is surreal.

The house we live in is huge. Too big for only 2 people but we love it. It's a modern mansion, white marble, glass walls, a private beach. It truly is my dream house.

Athena and I have very similar rooms, both of us sharing a glass wall facing the ocean, as well as the size. Both white and black decorate our rooms but while mine is more simplistic with artwork hung on the walls, hers are decorated in photos of the friends she's made, along with posters and photos of the celebrities and bands she obsesses over.

Athenas has been excelling at school. For 16 she's doing a hell of a lot better than I was. She's at the end of her sophomore year in high school and is excited to start junior year. She just turned 16 a week ago and I let her throw a party. It wasn't too big but it also wasn't small.

As for me, I didn't go to college, like I planned on, and I haven't got a job. I mostly just train all the time, doing odd jobs that my dad sends me. Nothing dangerous of course.

When we first got here I was keen on knowing how to protect myself and Athena in case anything happened so my dad assigned someone to train me. I eventually became so good that he inducted me officially and now I do jobs for him when his other men don't have a chance.

Just some drug busts and getting money for the most part but it's something that I never would've imagined I'd be doing.

Well the old me anyways. I'm not the same girl I was 3 years ago. She was heartbroken, followed her heart, didn't think with her brain.

Now I could give two shits about men, sometimes I follow my heart but I use my brain to make sure it's the best decision for me. Athena has been training as well and she's almost as good as me. I love my life here and so does Athena. Sometimes bad shit happens but then the good comes along and this is the good.