04

December 16, 2016

I forgot to write this morning because I woke up late and had to rush Athena and me to school. The craziest thing happened today, there's a new boy in town. His name is Harry Styles and he may be one of the most attractive people to set foot in this town. I invited him over to Caroline's house for the party tonight and he said he was going. I'm excited to see and get to know him, also he's British so that's a plus. I'll update you in the morning.

I put my pen down and realized it was already 5:30 and I had to be at Caroline's at 6:30. I closed my journal and threw it underneath my mattress before grabbing a different outfit and shoving it into a bag to take to Caroline's.

I hopped in the shower to wash my hair and clean off any of the nasty school smells that could've been lingering on me. I got out and threw on a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants so my mom wouldn't suspect anything.

I threw my hair back in a messy bun and decided I would blow dry my hair at Caroline's. It was 6:00 and I was running late. I grabbed my chemistry textbook, my math folder, and a notebook I had laying around in case my mom asked to see what was in the bag.

"Mom I'm leaving! I'll be back before 12!"

"And where do you think you're going young lady?"

My mom stood at the top of the stairs looking down on me with her hands on her hips.

"I'm just going to the library to study for my chem and math test tomorrow. I got a tutor and everything."

My mom looked down at me and I could tell that she didn't believe me and I knew I was screwed.

"What's in the bag?"

"A chemistry textbook, my work for math, and a notebook."

"Show me."

I groaned hoping to avoid having to show her my bag. I never study so I know she's just trying to get me to crack.

"Mom I'm already running late please I need to go." I groaned out knowing if I'm late I'll get the wrath of Caroline.

"Show me or you're not going anywhere." Her voice was eerily calm which scared me more.

"Ugh fine!" I exclaim knowing I'm screwed.

I opened up the bag to show a chemistry textbook, my math work, and my notebook.

Thank God for thinking one step ahead.

She looked down at me surprised, I wasn't lying to her.

"Okay fine, be back before 12 you know the rules. And if I find out you're not at the library." She warns.

"Yeah I know I'll be grounded longer than I already am. Thanks, mom I love you but I have to go now."

I practically ran out of the door because I was running late and I needed to finish my look at Caroline's. I speeded to Caroline's and got there just as it hit 6:30.

"There you are, I thought you got in trouble! And what are you wearing? You know this is a party right?!" Caroline's words were fumbling out at a fast pace.

I really need a drink right now

"Well, I had to sneak out somehow so I'm dressed in study attire but don't worry Care my clothes are in here I just need to take over your bathroom." I rush inside and up the staircase to her room.

"Okay, I was just worried for a second, take all the time you need." She yells up to me.

"Thanks, Care!" I yell back, opening the door to her room and walking into the bathroom. I changed into my party clothes a pair of black jean shorts and a black crop top that has the words "One More Chance" embroidered on the right shoulder.