41*

Waking up in a different bed always scared me. Something about knowing it's not the same comfort of your own mattress. It happened to me when I first slept in Harry's bed, when I first slept in Niall's house, when we moved to Hawaii.

I think the hardest part was after waking up next to a body almost every day for months and then suddenly, not at all. I get up grabbing my phone from my back pocket to see the time.

"Fuck." I mumble seeing it's already 2:00 pm. I jump out of bed getting ready as quickly as possible.
Grabbing my bag I run downstairs into the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab a bottle of water.

"Athena I'm leaving, be back later." I yell up not knowing if she's here or not. I run out of the apartment and head towards the conference room that everyone should be in. Opening the door I see my dad looking at me sending me a small wave.

"Sorry, jet lags a bitch." I explain. He waves it off.

"No need to explain, I wasn't expecting you to come in today." he tells me and I roll my eyes. I see Athena sitting in the corner typing away on her laptop. I walk behind her smacking the back of her head.

"Thanks for the wake-up call." I mutter as she brings her hands up to protect her head.

"Sorry, I thought you'd be up talking to lover boy already." She grins as I throw a glare her way. I hear a throat clear and my eyes connect to green ones that I haven't seen in 3 years. He looks good. His hair is longer on the top and shorter on the sides, his jawline sharper.

"Hope." he nods at me looking me up and down. I nod my head back.

"Harry, good to see you." I respond and he just nods. I turn back to Athena who is still grinning and I smack her on the back of the head again.

"Watch it! This brain is what's going to keep you alive." She says turning back to her laptop. I sit down in the chair next to her pulling my laptop out of my bag. When the screen turns on I see the picture of James and I was still saved as the wallpaper.

"Shit." I mutter. James is kissing my cheek as I have a smile spread across my face. Athena took the picture as the sun was setting just over the water and it looks like something straight from a rom-com.

"You should text him." Athena sings and I send her a glare changing the wallpaper to an impersonal photo.

"And say what? Oh, I'm sorry for breaking your heart because I didn't want to settle down yet." I roll my eyes at her.

"You were so much nicer when you were getting dick regularly." she groans and I nod my head, pulling up some documents I have to fill out to unenroll Athena.

"Yeah, I could say the same thing about you." I mutter without thinking.

"What was that?" My dad nearly growls and I look at Athena shrugging my shoulders.

"Your problem, not mine." Athena looks beet red, stuttering over her words.

"I- uh, uhm."

"Cats got your tongue?" I tease before I feel a smack to the back of my head.

"Ow! What was that for?" I question seeing my dad with rage in his eyes.

"What are you both saying about "dick"." I groan out a sigh rubbing the back of my head.

"She's bullying me because I ended things with a guy because he was ready to settle down since he's getting older but I didn't so she's teasing me about that. And for her, she's mad that her boy toy is all the way back in Hawaii." I explain. Athena and my dad look ready to completely combust but for different reasons.