03

It was morning and I felt a heavy pressure on my chest. I opened my eyes to see Athena fast asleep on my chest.

She had woken up a few times during the night screaming or crying for Grayson. And every time I was there to soothe her back to sleep.

I was about to close my eyes again when my phone started ringing. Athena groaned and moved over onto her side, I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone.

I didn't see who it was but I declined it because I just wanted to sleep. I put my phone down and rolled over then it rang again, I groaned the least this person could do is let me sleep. I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?" When I heard no response I realized my phone was upside down. I flipped it upright and asked again.

"Oh my god Hope finally I called you like 100 times! Where are you and why didn't you pick up the first time?"

I could tell it was Caroline and I immediately regretted declining the call.

"Sorry I was sleeping and didn't want to wake Athena up."

"Anyway, are you coming over tonight to hang out with Niall and I?"

"I can't, I'm still grounded remember?"

"Hope, I have three words, party, alcohol, boys."

I looked over to Athena and she looked peaceful, I think she can deal for a few hours without me. I need to have fun and get this whole thing off of my mind too.

"I guess I could just tell my mom I'm going to go study at the library."

"Great! I'll see you later Hope! And make sure to wear your party clothes!"

"Yep see you later Care."

I hung up and got out of bed. I looked at the time and saw it was 9:00 am.

Shit we're late for school. I knelt down and shook Athena's shoulders lightly.

"Hey sweetie, we're late for school, go get ready and I'll bring you to school, okay?"

Athena rubbed her face, her eyes still puffy from the night before

"Can't I just stay home today. It's only Friday."

"I know sweetie I wish I could just stay home too but we need to go in today. Mom wouldn't be too happy if we skipped school again. Right?"

"Yeah, I guess, I just don't want to go in without Grayson."

Athena had tears in her eyes and I pulled her close to me.

She let out a cry. I wish she could just stay home and grieve but I know my mom will have my ass if I let her miss school again.

"I know you don't want to go, but go for him, he wouldn't want to see you like this."

Athena looked up at me with her puffy eyes. Her breath is shaky as she tries to get the words out of her throat.

"Okay Hope, I'll go in. For Grayson."

"Good. Now go get ready I'll meet you downstairs in five minutes."

Athena got up out of my bed, I gave her a small hug before she left to go to her room. I waited to hear her door close before I walked over to my closet. I trailed my fingers along my clothes and grabbed a white crop top and black leggings. I brushed out my hair and decided on a messy bun for the day.

I walked downstairs after ten minutes and Athena was already at the door. We walked out to the car. She sat in the front seat, and I started the car. I drove to her school and walked her inside. The secretary looked up and flashed a smile.