01

December 14th, 2016

Today was the same as every other day. Boring and plain. I'm trying to convince Caroline and Niall to come over for a sleepover on Friday night because I can't go out since I'm grounded. Maybe I'll just sneak out again if they don't want to. Mom never said anything about not having people over. I just couldn't leave the house.

I put my pencil down and looked out the window of my room. I saw my younger sister Athena playing with her best friend Grayson. Athena has the most beautiful red hair and these ocean blue eyes that you could get lost in. And Grayson has jet black hair and striking blue eyes.

I cracked a slight smile, it reminded me of the times I used to play out in the front yard with Niall. They're like our mini me's. I looked away and saw a picture of Niall and I from when we were about 10. Niall had his arms around my waist hugging me from the side while my hands rested on his chest. We had the biggest smiles on our faces and we looked happy.

Niall has been my best friend since we could speak. Niall and I are complete opposites just like Athena and Grayson. Niall has brown hair with frosted blonde tips and these vibrant blue eyes, while I have dark red hair with pale blue eyes. I quickly snapped out of my daydream when I heard a familiar screech.

I looked out the window and didn't see Athena or Grayson anymore meaning they moved spots. Thinking it was just Grayson and Athena I ignored it and went back to writing in my journal, until another screech pierced the air that sent goosebumps up my arms. I jumped off the window seat and ran downstairs straight out the door.

"Athena!"

"Athena!" I yelled my heart racing trying to find her.

"Hope!" Her timid voice yelled out.

I ran towards the sound of her voice and I saw her sitting on the ground sobbing and clutching her ankle.

"Oh my god! Athena! Are you okay? What happened?"

"Me and Grayson were playing hide and seek and I fell in the hole while I was running and I hurt my ankle."

I moved closer to Athena to inspect her ankle and make sure it wasn't broken but as I moved it she cried out.

"It's okay sweetie, it's just a sprain. Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"My hand hurts a lot but I think it's just because I landed on it."

I grabbed Athena's hand to make sure it was okay and it looked like it was cut but from a knife. I looked straight into Athena's eyes. My mind filling with hundreds of questions.

"Athena, I need you to be 100% honest with me. Okay?"

She nodded her head slightly, tears brimming her eyes.

"What happened to your hand?"

"I hurt it when I fell Hope, why don't you believe me?"

A small tear escaped her eye. And I wiped it away with my thumb. It's not that I didn't believe her. I was just confused as to how she could have a knife slash on her hand as a result of falling.

"No, I believe you. I just wanted to know sweetie, now let's get you inside."

I picked up Athena and brought her inside to go get cleaned up with our mom. But Grayson had to go home so now I had the task of finding him and sending him on his way.

"Grayson!" I yelled out but I got no response.

"Grayson, it's time to go home!" No response. I go around the corner of our house and see our big oak tree and a little foot peeping out.

"Grayyysonnn," I called. He knows I found him; he just doesn't want to admit it.

"I found you come on out now honey." I stood there for a second but when his foot didn't move I got annoyed.

"Grayson, come on it's time for you to go home sweetie your moms waiting for you."

He didn't move or respond. I was annoyed that he was blatantly ignoring me. 

"Grayson seriously it's time to go home, you can always come over tomorrow." My tone is more annoyed and serious.

I took a few steps toward the tree hoping maybe I can scare him out of the spot.

"Boo!"

"OH MY GOD! GRAYSON!"