19

3 months.

Only three months until I'm free. Graduation and college is right around the corner. January and February came and went with barely any hiccups. After my threat to Harry and Niall, the boys left me alone for the most part, only interacting if class required it.

Niall and I are civil for the most part, only talking because Caroline is there. I don't go out of my way to interact with him and vice versa. Caroline and Niall are a thing now. It's been happening since December and I should've put two and two together when I found them cuddling after the party. I'm happy for them. I can tell they love each other.

A part of me will always care about Niall since he was my person. Maybe sometime in the future, we'll be friends again. I don't think we could go back to the way we used to be, we could get close but we both need time to heal.

Today was a long day. I was checking in with Athena every hour because she stayed home sick and mom had to go to work so we trusted her at home but with the condition that she texted me, she was okay every hour. I had 3 tests today and I'm 99% sure I bombed my math one.

Athena texted me about 20 minutes ago that she was fine and luckily I'm leaving school now so she won't be alone for too much longer. I pull into the driveway and make my way to the door ready to crash on my bed. I go to put my key in the door but I see that the door is cracked open.

Did I not close the door all the way?

No, I'm sure I closed it. I even double-checked it was locked. I put my keys in the front pocket. The only thing seen is the lanyard hanging. I push the door open and I survey the area in front of me. The living room is clear, so is the dining room. I don't see anyone in the upstairs hallway. I take a step inside and shut the door lightly behind me.

"Athena, I'm home," I yell up hoping to get a response. I don't have a very good feeling about this.

I should call Niall, he'd know what to do.

Right?

I pull up Niall's contact and hover over the call button.

I'm just being paranoid.

I bring the phone down and make my way up the stairs and into Athena's room but she's not there. I drop my bag in her room and yell "Athena where are you?"

I hear a cry coming from downstairs and I run down. I run into the dining room and turn towards the kitchen and I see her with a gun pressed to her head.

"It's okay, Athena stay calm." my brain's going through hundreds of scenarios of how this will end. "Put the gun down. You don't want her." I say to the man behind her. He has a ski mask over his face so I can only see his eyes and mouth.

I take a step closer and he pushes the gun closer to her temple. I step back and glance down to see my phone still open on Niall's contact. I tap the screen hoping it calls him and lower the volume all the way as I put my phone in my back pocket as I raise my hands up.

"You don't want to do this. Let her go, it's me you want." I pause and I keep my focus on Athena who has tears streaming down her face as she tries to stay calm. The man wraps his arm around Athena's neck holding her in place.

"Nope can't do that. Boss wants both of you." He smirks. His voice is gravely and it sends chills up my spine. "We'll go willingly just give her to me." I plead again.

He loosens his grip on Athena and he pushes her towards me causing her to stumble and fall into me. My arms wrap around her and I hold her head to me burying her head in the crook of my neck as she sobs. He still has the gun pointed towards us and is watching us with careful eyes. I keep whispering sweet nothings to Athena and remember my phone is in my back pocket.

"Athena I need you to grab my phone in my pocket and tuck it into your pants okay." I whisper as calmly as possible while the man keeps his focus on me. She whimpers and I take that as a yes.

"Time to go turn around and head towards the front." He demands. I feel Athena grip my phone as I turn and place her in front of me. I walk towards the front and Athena steps to the side as I open the door. I look around trying to see if any of my neighbors are out. Instead, I spotted my car which I forgot to lock. I grip my hand around the lanyard as the man walks in front of us leading us to his car.

I tap Athena and nod my head towards my car silently signaling her to head over there. She hesitates but eventually nods her head. We start to divert our pathway to my car and I have the key ready to go. I nod at Athena and we sprint to the car throwing the doors open and slamming them.

My hands shake as I shove the key in the ignition turning the car on. I put the car in reverse and turned back to see a van pulling up blocking me, causing me to slam on my breaks.

Fuck were trapped.

"Athena give me my phone." She fumbles around handing me my phone and I see the call ended and it only lasted 5 minutes.

"Fuck." I breathe out. "Athena listen whatever you do, don't fight them. Don't talk back. Just give in. I'm sorry. I love you so much." I fumble out.

She goes to respond but my window is being broken and soon a hand is grabbing my head and a cloth is going over my face. Athena is screaming my name and crying as they break her window as well.

My vision starts to cloud and the last thing I hear and see is Athena screaming and struggling against the person.

************

Uh oh. So now Athena's got dragged into it so how's that going to go? The story is going to start picking up now so get ready for that. I'm thinking this book will be maybe 60 or so chapters long and I have no plans for a sequel right now but that may change depending on how long this book gets. I love you all so much- J