07

December 17th 2016

Today is Saturday and I'm massively hungover. I don't have my phone anymore because my mom took it away as punishment for going out and getting drunk. I'm also grounded for 3 more weeks so I'm probably not going to be able to make it to Caroline's New Years Eve party which sucks. Athena hasn't talked to me all day and I feel bad for lashing out at her last night. I need to apologize to her, I know she was just trying to help but she should've known not to push it.

I look up from my journal and feel my stomach rumble. I haven't left my room all day so I haven't eaten since last night. I close my journal and get up from the window seat and walk to the door. I open the door and see that Athena's door is closed.

I contemplate going in for a second but decide against it. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen to make myself something to eat. I open the fridge and don't see anything that I want so I go into the freezer.

I grab a frozen pizza and throw it into the microwave and set the timer for two minutes. I go to grab a glass of water when Athena walks into the room. She sees me and goes to walk away.

"Athena, wait" I call out to her before she can leave.

She turns around and stays silent.

"I'm sorry for lashing out at you last night, I didn't mean to, it was just because of the alcohol and mom getting pissed off at me. You didn't deserve to be yelled at and I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?"

I fumble out the words, trying to get her attention because I know she's going to need me on Tuesday and I don't want her to be mad at me anymore.

The microwave goes off and Athena speaks up.

"Your food's ready." Is all she says before she walks away.

I sigh knowing that I really fucked up if she won't forgive me. I walk back to my room and sit on my bed turning on my TV to watch Netflix while I eat.

I watched 3 episodes of The Office before turning my TV off and laying down to sleep. Not having a phone makes life so boring. I can't play video games, I can't scroll social media and worst of all I can't text Caroline or Niall to make plans and see how the party went. I slowly started to drift to sleep when I was interrupted by my mom yelling,

"Hope come downstairs, someone's here for you!"

I groan knowing I won't fall asleep again so I'm going to be even more bored. I walk out of my room and see my mom standing at the door.

"Who is it mom?" I ask curiosity lacing my voice.

"Some boy named Harry." She replies as I walk down the stairs and next to her.

I see Harry standing at the threshold. I walk outside and close the door behind me to give us some privacy.

Harry goes to speak but I know my mom too well and I know she'll be listening on the other side of the door. I put my finger up to my lips to tell him to stay quiet.

"Mom go away I know you're behind the door."

I hear her huff and her footsteps walking away before I begin to speak

"Hey Harry, what's up with the house call?" I ask as he chuckles.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. I texted you to see if you wanted me to bring you to Caroline's house so you could pick up your car and you weren't responding so I just wanted to make sure you were alive."

I raise my eyebrow because I never gave him my phone number.

"Oh sorry, my mom took my phone away as a part of my punishment. But how'd you get my phone number?" I ask, wondering how he got it.