18

After about a week of being watched like a hawk by my mother and not being allowed to leave the house, I'm finally allowed to go back to school. I'm excited to finally see Caroline again and get back into the swing of things. While I was gone I was accepted to my top college so now I have to get my grades up and keep them there so I can go in the fall.

Athena has been at my side all day every day and honestly, I don't mind it. Yeah, we annoyed the shit out of each other but this affected her greatly. My mom was telling me how for the first week she wasn't eating and how she would only fall asleep after sitting by the door for hours.

And now here we are, getting ready for the first day back and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. I have millions of questions running through my head. Will the boys be there? Will Harry show up? Are they going to try and kidnap me again?

I hear my mom call for me to hurry up and I grab my bag running down the stairs. My mom won't let me drive by myself so she's going to be driving me until she thinks I'm safe again. I get in the back seat since Athena was already in the front and I put my airpods in. My mom looks scared to let me go and I can feel the anxiety radiating off her.

"I like your outfit, Hope. it's cute." Athena says looking me up and down.

"Thanks, A." I smile back. It's a simple outfit. Just a light blue crew neck with black leggings paired with my black and white converse. We make it to Athenas school a few minutes later and my mom pulls up to the front of the school. I get out to move to the front as Athena gets out. I throw my bag on the floor and turn back to give Athena a hug.

"I love you A have a good day at school." I give her a kiss on the forehead as she mumbles a love you before letting go and heading into the school. I get back in the car and we drive the two minutes to my school. My mom parks and leans over the console to give me a hug.

"I love you Hope, have a good day and call me if you need anything I'll be back at 2:15 to pick you up." she whispered in my ear.

"I will love you, mom." I pull back and smile at her. I get out of the car and make my way inside. Everyone is looking at me in shock to see me here after almost a month of being gone. I avoid eye contact and the whispers going around as I make it to my locker. As I open it I feel a hand grab my arm and I snap my head in the direction of the person.

"Hope! Oh my god, you're okay!" Caroline beams at me, a smile stretching across her face. She wraps my arms around me and I do it back.

"Hey Care, how are you?" I ask trying to keep the topic off me.

"I'm good Hope. Better now that you're back. How are you, babes? Be honest." I sigh knowing that I can't get out of this.

"I'm doing fine. Still adjusting to some things, I'm still super jumpy but I'm just ready to get back to normal life." I give her a weak smile. Caroline goes to respond but the bell rings and I excuse myself to head off to my first-period class.

The first half of the day goes by pretty fast. All my teachers were excited to see me again and it felt nice to be missed. Of course, the rumors of what happened to me are spreading around the school.

Some are of me running away to go be with my secret lover and the craziest one was that I was sold to a sex trafficking ring and then they realized they didn't want me so they let me go.

Yeah, high school is so much fun.

I make my way to sixth period which is history. Zayn, Louis, and Harry are all in that class so my anxiety of if they'll be there or not is at an all-time high. I walk in with a couple other people and see their seats empty. I sigh out in relief and sit down waiting for class to start.