17

A/N: This is apart of a double update so read chapter 16 if you haven't first. Enjoy! Okay bye!!!!

Sitting in this room is driving me crazy. One I'm stuck here with two very attractive people. Two they are staring me down like I've just committed the biggest crime, and three, I have no idea what I'm going to say. Detective Meza clears his throat before opening his mouth to speak.

"Do you know what happened to you?"

I scoff at his question. "Do I know what happened to me?" I question back but before he can speak I interrupt him "Of course I know what happened to me I'm not stupid. I was kidnapped."

Detective Meza straightens up not liking my attitude. "Who took you?"

"Wow geez if I knew who took me don't you think I would've told ya." I sass out. I know they are just trying to do their jobs but I honestly don't want to be here. I don't want to accidentally rat them out. Detective Kaelan snaps her fingers causing me to look at her and she isn't too happy with my attitude.

"Listen what happened to you was traumatic." I interrupt her by snorting and muttering a "you think" which causes her to take a deep breath in. "As I was saying, something traumatic happened to you. I think you know exactly who took you but you're protecting them because you formed a connection with them while you were there." She pauses looking me straight in the eyes.

"So tell me Hope who took you."

"I don't know." My voice is cool and collected.

"Yes, you do who took you."

"I don't know." I say with more force.

Detective Kaelan stands up and slams her hands on the table "Who took you Hope!" She screams at me, my body reacts before I do as I stand up and knock the chair I was once sitting on over as I scream back.

"I told you I don't fucking know!" Anger is radiating off my body. My chest is heaving up and down and I'm trying so hard to control myself. Detective Meza stands up and motions for them to leave.

Detective Kaelan looks at me once more and there's something in her eyes but I can't tell what it is. Sorrow? Guilt?

The door closes behind them and I pick the chair back up and sit down bringing my head to the table and I let it all out. I'm so sick and tired of crying. Eventually I fall asleep.

My body drained from everything that has happened in the past 48 hours and I dreamed of a life where Niall was the best friend that I had always known, where the other boys were simply just my classmates that crossed paths at a party every once in a while, and where I had never met the boy with the stupid curly brown hair and sparkling green eyes.

******

After a couple more hours of interrogation, I was eventually let go when they saw I wasn't going to give up who took me and what happened to me when I was there. The car ride home was silent as I sat in the back with Athena who was resting her head on my lap.

My fingers played with her hair, scratching her scalp lightly as she slept. We get home and I notice someone sitting on the doorstep. I whisper out a fuck and my mom turns around giving me a weird look.

I just wave it away as I lean Athena to sit up so I can pick her up. I get out and see Niall coming towards me but I occupy myself with getting my sister out of the car and into her bed. I get her out and close the door with my foot as Niall comes up to me.

"Hey Hope. I really have to talk to you." He says urgently.

"Mhm hi Niall I have to put her to bed but I don't really want to talk right now so come back later." I hum out as I maneuver around him trying to get inside. He blocks my path once more and stares me down.

"Hope, it's important," he asserted.

"Okay and it can wait a day, move." He reluctantly moves to the side as I kick the door open. I head up the stairs and get to her room, I place her down on her bed that looks like it hasn't been slept in for weeks. Her arms are still clinging to me and I move them off and to her side tucking her under the covers. She stirs a bit but settles back down when I place a kiss to her forehead. I leave her room and head down the hall to mine. Niall is standing in the middle of my room and I close my door behind me.

"Get out Niall." I sneer as I throw my shoes off and flop down onto my bed.

"No Hope, do you realize the shit show you have just created?" He growls at me.

"Oh yeah sorry for not wanting to be held against my will any longer. What are you going to fucking do Niall take me back?" He takes a deep breath in and I can see the tip of his ears turning red, a telltale sign he's about to explode.

"Get the fuck out Niall. Don't ever call me or text me or come here ever again. I'm fucking done with you." I grumble out at him.

"Hope I don't give a flying fuck if you're done with me! You just caused 20 more problems by leaving! You fucked up big time!" He explodes. His face turning beet red as he breathes in trying to control his anger. "I'm trying to save you and us." He growls. "There's nothing left to fucking save Niall! I don't want your fucking help get that through your head! You ruined me! This is your fault and I hate you for that!" I scream at him.

Regretting the words spilling out of my mouth the moment they left. Niall slumps his shoulders in defeat looking down at the ground.

"Can't say I didn't try." He mumbles. Niall leaves my room and I hear him say a quick goodbye to my mother as I close the door behind him.

There was nothing left to save, nothing left to apologize for or fix, just two former best friends with their hearts torn apart.

***************

First of all, thank you so so much for over 200 reads. This is insane. So I have another surprise for you... I have created a trailer for the book! I really hope you like it :) What song or songs do you think will be representing the book? Love you guys so much- J