16

I never thought I would enjoy running as much as I am now. I slow down and start scanning my surroundings but it's the same as it's been for miles, dirt, trees, and grass. I've been following this road hoping to hit a main road where I can flag down a car to take me to the police station but this road seems to never end.

It left me thinking of what I'll do when I get back home. Will I turn the boys in? Do I get my mom to move us halfway across the state or country to avoid being found? What will my story be?

I have no idea if I'll turn them in. That's a problem for future Hope to worry about. My mom probably won't move because that house is the last thing we basically have of my father so I can't see her leaving it behind. And for my story, I have no fucking idea. I'll just have to figure it out as I go.

I keep walking for what feels like hours when I hear a rumbling of an engine, I look behind me to see a car zooming up the road, I squeeze my body in between two trees to conceal myself and wait for it to pass. After 30 seconds I hear it jet past me and I creep my way out to see the dirt kicking up and the car disappearing out of sight.

I wait for another minute before continuing my trek up the never-ending road. I eventually get to a fork in the road. I've never been good at making decisions. After a minute or two, I choose to go to the right.

I keep walking and I'm getting tired, it starts getting dark so it's probably around 5:00. Crazy how this time last night I was being held captive by 4 guys that I've known since middle school and a guy I barely knew.

I find a tree and sit down behind it resting my feet finally because now I can be concealed by the darkness of the night. My head leans back into the tree and I feel my eyes closing.

I can't sleep, I can't risk being caught again.

The sound of thunder broke my thoughts and I looked up to see the rain falling and begin to hit my skin. My face broke out into a small smile, my eyes slowly feeling with tears. Most people hate the rain. I love it because when I'm crying I'm not alone. The sky is crying with me. The sound of the rain hitting the trees, the coolness when it hits your warm skin.

I stand up and continue my trek for probably about half an hour. I hit a small incline and head up it to see the road evening out. Tears build in my eyes again as I see what lies ahead of me. A paved road.

I laugh out and sprint towards it not caring how insane I look. The mud kicking up behind me with the rain beating down on me. I'm sure if it was day the sun would be shining impossibly bright over my accomplishment. My feet hit the paved road and I look around trying to see any signs that can tell me where I am.

I run to the left hoping I can stop any potential cars coming. I run until my breath runs out and see a sign for a diner that says to get off on exit 64b. I continue my way on the road and I eventually hit the exit and get off it.

I look at my surroundings, a gas station, a McDonalds and I see the diner just down the road. I follow the sidewalk and run the last few feet to the diner but stop in my tracks when I see the people inside.

Fuck fuck fuck.

The boys are sitting there in the diner shoulders tense and with scowls on their faces. Luckily they haven't noticed me and I start walking backwards as I notice the car I saw from earlier in the parking lot. When I'm certain I can't be seen by them I head to the gas station and run in.

The attendant looks at me like I'm crazy as I run up to him. "I need you to call the police. I was kidnapped please." I croak out. He fumbles around and grabs the phone calling the police as I look around making sure none of the boys are here.

"What's your name?" He asks me. My head looks back to him as I tell him my name. His eyes go wide as he repeats the name back to the person on the phone. He hangs up again after a couple of minutes and looks back at me.

"Where are we?" I ask and he takes a deep breath before he responds.

"Were in Bethany, Connecticut."

"That's about an hour from Quaker Hill right?" I ask him trying to pinpoint where home is.

"Uh yeah, I think so."

I nod and we sit in silence while we wait. Eventually, a cop car comes up and I see them get out and head in. We make eye contact and she questions me on who I am, where I'm from among other things. Eventually, she leads me out and into the back of her car and we start the journey to the police station.

My mind doesn't really process what's happening as I'm led from the car into the station and through different rooms. My body, mind, and soul are just so tired and all I want to do is hug my mom and sister again.

I'm put in a room with a metal chair and table and my body slumps down into the chair and forward onto the table as exhaustion takes over my body. I close my eyes for the first time in hours and let sleep overtake me because I finally feel safe.

******

I wake up hearing my name being called with a light shake on my shoulder. I open my eyes and see my mother looking at me with tears in her eyes. "Mom?" I whisper and her arms wrap around me as we both cry in relief. She's whispering in my ear about how much she loves me and how much she's missed me.

I open my eyes to see Athena standing in the doorway looking at us. I loosen my grip on my mom as I get up and head to Athena, her blue eyes filled with tears staring up at me. I wrap my arms around her and pull her into my chest and she breaks down. Her arms grab me and she buries her face into my chest even more and this time I'm the one whispering sweet nothings into the top of her head.

We eventually pull apart when two detectives come into the room and say they have to speak with me. Athena and my mom are led out of the room by the other detective as the other one sits down in front of me.

She's very pretty. Long black hair swept back into a ponytail with caramel-colored eyes. The other detective comes back after a minute and he closes the door. He has blonde hair that's put up into a quiff and light grey eyes.

Yep, my bi ass is freaking out right now.

"Okay, Hope." The female detective begins. "I'm Detective Kaelan and this is Detective Meza and we need to talk about what happened to you." She says plain and simple.

I cough for a second as I clear my throat.

"Okay let's talk." 

*************

Did I accidentally publish this as I was writing it? Possibly. Anyways this is a double update so surprise! Will Hope give the boys up or will she lie? Anyways enjoy part 1 of this update :)- J