CHAPTER XLVIII: Ένα φάντασμα του παρελθόντος

048- A GHOST OF THE PAST

"I want to go back to the academy. You're not making any sense.", I tried to deny, but no, he is actually making a lot of sense.

In fact, Apollo's making so much sense that deep down inside of me, alam kong tama ang mga sinasabi niya.

"The answers are right infront of you, vasílissa mou. Just accept it. You're one of us---", he urged as I stopped him...

"I'm not!", I... can't be. I... don't want to be one of them.

"Suit yourself. But you cannot rewrite your own fate, vasílissa mou. Your path has already been decided eversince the day you were born.", my hands trembled as I clenched my fists in irritation.

I hate the fact that the gods always had to rub it in our faces that we cannot decide our own fates as if they control everything in our lives.

"Take me back to the academy now. I don't belong here. My place is with the class Primarius.", I still resisted as I heard Apollo hiss in annoyance infront of me. Iniangat ko ang tingin ko sa kanya as I saw him let out a deep sigh.

"You're as stubborn as ever.", he commented. Hindi ako kumibo sa harapan niya.

Maya-maya pa ay napakunot ang noo ko nang inilahad niya ang kamay niya sa harapan ko.

"Now, hand over the ring, Ahlkria.", he stated in a dead tone na bahagyang ikinagulat ko as I clenched my left fist.

"I thought we're already done with this discussion, Apollo.", I mocked but he narrowed his gaze on me.

"We'll be done with this discussion after you give me the ring, vasilissa mou."

"No.", pagmamatigas ko as I backed away from him. Mas lalong dumilim ang ekspresyon niya.

"Alright. Then let's try something else, shall we?", this time, he was the one mocking me instead as a ghost of a smile was plastered across his face. Bigla akong kinabahan sa sinabi niya.

"Do you know what will happen to Theoddeus once father finds out about his insolence and defiance?", bigla akong napatigil sa sinabi nito. My body turned ice-cold while staring at him.

"Y-You w-wouldn't.", dalawang-isip na sambit ko.

Apollo smiled as he walked towards me and tried to reach for the side of my face. He slowly caressed my cheek.

"Of course, I wouldn't. But our father however, I cannot promise you anything, vasílissa mou. You know how he can get.", I couldn't even react. Unti-unti siyang lumayo sakin.

"I swear to the river Styx, I won't throw it away. I shall keep it safely under my care. Now be a good girl and hand over the ring.", pilit niya sabay lahad ulit ng kamay niya sa harapan ko. Napabaling ang tingin ko sa singsing na suot ko as I placed my right hand over it.

"I... I-I'll take it back. Mark my words.", I promised as I slowly removed the ring from my finger. Ilang sandali ko itong kinuyom sa kanang kamay ko bago dahan-dahang inabot kay Apollo.

Please forgive me for this, demon son of Zeus.

"Of course you will.", Apollo answered me with a devilish smile as he played with the ring that was now on the palm of his hands.

Nagulat ako nang bigla nalang sumeryoso yung mukha niya sa harapan ko. His golden eyes burned with desire.

"After our marriage, we'll immediately consummate the union, vasílissa mou.", he declared as he stared right at me. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang magiging reaksyon ko sa sinabi niya. Not until he continued...