CHAPTER LVIII: Κατακτήστε τις καταιγίδες

058- CONQUERER OF STORMS

The Titan Coeus and the Titaness Phoebe were kind enough to escort us to Murmansk Oblast after the discussion we had at the airport. They even offered their house for us to stay-in because they insisted that it'll be safer for us that way.

"You reek of the blood of your divine parents. Gathering at a certain place here in the city won't do you any good. Especially that there are fourteen of you present here."

"It'll be best for you children to stay in our residence for the meantime. For the very least, you'll be provided with extra security there. Being said, you won't have to take turns in scouting the perimeters."

They were known as the Tsar and Tsarina of the City of Murmansk for some unexplainable circumstances.

"Don't you think it's a bit flashy? The convoy, I mean. You know, considering the fact that we're supposed to drive the monsters that Typhon might send, 'away' instead of 'towards' our presence?", Pen suddenly asked out of the blue with a hint of sarcasm directed towards the Titans Coeus and Phoebe na kapwang napatawa nalang as we all gazed outside the heavily-tinted window of the limousine.

She has a point though. I think the military escort was too much.

"Do the people know?", ngayon ay tanong naman galing kay Eur kaya napalingon kami sa kanya. He stared at the Titans.

"And what exactly do you mean by that, son of Poseidon?"

"That you are who you are.", he meaningfully stated. We were surprised when the Titans both nodded.

"It might be a surprise to some of you, but most of the people living here in our domain are descendants of those mortals who served their loyalty to us, Titans, during the Golden Age. As you can see, there are still those who continue to worship our kind up to this very day---although not all over the globe.", the Titan Coeus clarified as the others stared at them in awe. This time, the Titaness Phoebe intervened...

"So to simply put it, dear children, the mortals under our care are very much aware of our existence. Our identities, and of course, where Coeus and I both stand in the current pantheon led by the Olympians, your parents.", her words made sense. This entire place really is under their protection and I noticed how the locals respected them back at the airport.

"I have a question.", si Rios while raising his hand.

"Yes, son of Ares?"

"Do you really think we wouldn't notice? You guys are showing-up one-by-one out of nowhere. First is Iapetus, next is Selene---that crazy woman who mistook me for her late lover; that Endymion guy, yuck. Then Cronus, and now, you guys. Why?", the Titans were taken aback by Rios's sudden question at ilang sandali silang dalawang nagkatinginan bago sumagot.

"None of you know the answer to that too, I see.", the Titan Coeus concluded in a riddle-like tone. I thought none of the others were going to respond to him until the demon son of Zeus spoke beside me.

"It's stated on the third part of the Prophecy of Fates. The last line, 'As foes switch sides by a will be done.' As far as we're concerned, your mortal enemies were supposed to be the Olympians. Or was the Titanomachy a lie all along?", the demon son of Zeus' words echoed with ridicule as he continued...

"A 'will' be done. I wonder what 'will' that is? A pact? A truce? Between the Titans and the Olympians? Although, I'm sure as the day follows the night that we won't get any answers from you either... so I wouldn't even bother to ask.", his words were rather intimidating to hear for some reason. Like it echoed the sound of thunder that loomed across the sky from a stormy night. Napatingin sakin sina Pen while giving me a worried look.