CHAPTER LXX (i): Την ημέρα που έπεσε το φεγγάρι για τα αστέρια

070- WHEN THE MOON FELL FOR THE STARS

EURECA

They say the stars always guide you to your destination. To your fate. But... I always believed it otherwise.

I say the stars are like the paths to the crossroads. Unpredictable. Uncharted. Untamed. Holding secrets we can never truly fathom until the very end of life itself.

"You know something, brat? I noticed this for quite some time now, but, I think your eyes mirror the stars at night."

"Nababaliw ka na ba, Archsev?"

"No. It's just that your eyes never fail to sparkle endlessly every single time... lalo na kapag naaasar ka sa'kin. Haha!"

"Tsk. Piss off, brainiac. F*cking corny."

"Uyy siya oh. Kiligin kana nga. Oh, nagmumukha na namang stars yung mga mata mo! Crush mo ako no? Aminin mo na kasi."

"Ha! In your dreams, son of Athena. Tayog naman ng pangarap mo."

I can't help but smile while remembering the conversation I had with Archsev a few days ago. My heart suddenly began to aggressively hammer inside my chest kaya napahawak ako rito. I gritted my teeth. How can a memory make you so happy and at the same time... hurt you so badly?

"You have a thing for the son of Athena.", natigilan ako sa biglaang tinuran ni goddess Artemis sa likuran ko. I immediately snapped back to my senses.

"I don't know what you're talking about.", I tried to play dumb as I heard her faint chuckle afterwards.

"Eureca darling, believe me, they all say that. But the truth is...", she trailed off while giving me a mocking stare na para bang gusto niyang hulaan ko ang kasunod na mga salitang sasabihin niya. I hissed in response.

"Someone like me will never be good enough for him. And besides, he's already bound for someone else. A mere distraction can never compete with a fated encounter.", and that's a fact. I won't even have the slightest chance of winning Archsev's attention. He's just too good for me.

"So you really do have feelings for that boy.", Artemis stated. Hindi ako makatingin sa kanya.

The truth is that, I've always admired Archsev. Kahit nung nasa Class Medialis palang ako kasama sina Yander, Clea, at Niles. I admired almost everything about him. His personality. His intelligence. His skills. His kindness. His humor. And... not to mention that he's freakin' damn hot! Seriously, who wouldn't fall for the son of Athena? Everything about his existence was almost carved into perfection!

Gods! I even silently celebrated the day we got promoted into the Class Primarius. I've been secretly crushing on him from afar for all these years... but the more I got to personally know Archsev, the more I began to realize the undeniable fact that we were the polar opposites of each other.

Him; a highly-respected son of Athena.

Me; a shunned daughter of Nemesis.

Wisdom and retribution is such a precarious combination. Our two worlds can never truly collide. And that was fate itself, speaking to me.

"What I feel for him doesn't really matter. Besides, what difference will it even make?", I bitterly answered the goddess Artemis, making her brows crease this time.

"A lot, daughter of Nemesis. Won't you at least take your chance now before it's too late? You never know... you might end-up regretting your choice someday.", hindi ko alam kung may gusto ba siyang ipahiwatig sa'kin sa mga salitang iyon o kathang-isip ko lamang ito pero hindi ko pa rin nagustuhan yung sinabi niya.