CHAPTER XIII: Καλοσώρισες στην οικογένεια

013- A FAIR TRADE

"If we'd consider a smart choice, it will be Charybdis. Scylla is an immortal monster with six long necks and heads, razor sharp teeth and tentacles. She'd easily grab and devour us in no time kahit na hindi pa man tayo masyadong nakakalapit sa Island of Hydra, especially on the cliff where she resides.", seryosong sambit ko as we stopped the boat for a moment before continuing to sail beyond the Straits.

"But no ship can survive Charybdis' menacing whirlpool with its turbulent force, Kria. She would rip this ship to shreds and suck all of us with it.", Rios pointed out. Tumango naman ako.

"Might be. But you're all forgetting the fact that Charybdis spews her waters thrice in a day. If we could time her waters for our escape then we might be able to survive. Just like what the hero Odysseus did on The Odyssey.", ilang sandali silang natahimik sa sinabi ko, understanding my point. I groaned.

"At least, we'll have a chance of survival with Charybdis. Meanwhile with Scylla, okay, let's consider the fact that Prim can use her enchantment privilege to tame the sea monster but no offense, even the gods don't have absolute control over her. Idagdag pa natin that even Odysseus and his crew never stood a chance against Scylla. We'll be digging our own graves if we sail towards the Island.", I gave them enough reason. Mukhang nakuha naman nila ang ibig kong sabihin as I saw their expressions changed. I took a deep breath and faced them.

"Now I ask the three of you... Are you willing to gamble life or death, in succession to this dangerous plan, knowing that it has a high percentage of failure?", I asked them the truth kasi ayokong umasa sila na gagana ang plano na ito. I saw how their eyes flickered with confidence as they nodded in unison.

"We'll gamble on life. Because as you've told the goddess Eunomia back at the academy... None of us will die here, Ahlkria.", Eur's stone cold voice sent shivers down my spine as he eyed me intensely with his marvelous set of orbs.

It took me a while para bumitaw sa titigan namin given that I was really entranced by his eyecolor.

"Well then, I'll steer the ship. The three of you, maximize and strengthen your guards. We're sailing to Charybdis.", Eur's tone echoed with finality as I immediately nodded. Tumango din sina Prim at Rios.

The weather was getting heavier by the minute at halos hindi na namin makita ang paligid because of the thick fog surrounding the place. I can also feel a little seasickness due to the boat's constant rocking from crashing against the huge set of waves.

"Ahlkria! Can you cast a barrier incantation to surround the whole ship?", nilakasan ni Prim ang boses niya sa pagtawag sakin as I narrowed and covered my eyes from the harsh winds and rain. Tumango lang ako sa kanya at walang pag-aalinlangan na pinalibutan ang buong yacht ng barrier. We're getting closer to Charybdis.

"Prim, it won't hold!", I shouted, referring to the barrier. Napakapit ako sa isa sa mga post ng yacht. It's hard to balance with all the harsh movements of the ship plus the fog.

My eyes widened and my heart raced when I saw how huge Charybdis is. It's like a giant vortex of the abyss in the middle of the ocean. Halos kasinglaki ito ng isang buong football stadium.

"Eur! You better be seeing this!", malakas na sigaw ko na hopefully ay narinig ni Eur doon sa flying bridge ng yacht.

"I am! And it's a giant gateway to absolute death!", he shouted at rinig ko pa ang paghagalpak niya ng pagtawa pagkatapos.

"G*go ka! Seryoso toh! What are you laughing at?!", singhal ko sa kanya as our ship sailed closer to Charybdis.

"Let's just hope the gods will favor us today.", halos malaglag ang panga ko nang makitang nakatayo na pala sa tabi ko na pala si Eur. He held my waist tightly to support me at tsaka kumapit din doon sa post ng yacht. How did he get here so fast?