CHAPTER LIV: Η Κρυφή Γραφή

054- THE HIDDEN SCRIPTURE

"Zeus! What are we going to do?!", I heard one of the goddesses shout with a hint of fear from her voice as the entire assembly fell into chaos.

Mount Olympus trembled and shook as its halls fissured from Typhon's colossal and catastrophic presence.

"This place is falling apart.", Hera whispered beside me while I felt Apollo wrap his arms around my waist, still glaring at the monster who's now causing panic in the pantheon.

"Everyone, take shelter! I'll hold him off for the meantime---", the god Zeus declared but he was cut off by Artemis...

"But father, we can help---"

"No! Typhon's too strong, even for me. I won't have any more casualties. If I fall here, it'll be better if I fall alone than drag all of you down with me. Everyone get out of this place. Olympus is no longer safe for any of us.", natahimik ang lahat nang ilang sandali dahil sa narinig mula kay god Zeus, pero kalaunan ay napalitan din ito ng bulung-bulungan.

"Come at me, O' great Jupiter Optimus Maximus! That's what the Romans called you during the Age of Heroes am I right, Zeus? Prove to me that you can still defend the pathetic throne and pantheon which you worked so hard to preserve after a millennium of your reign.", Typhon's roaring and penetrating voice was enough to bring the west wall of the chamber down as we saw how a pillar of blazing fire covered him right before our very eyes.

The monster began to morph, slowly taking the shape of a man. He was still a few inches taller compared to the other gods and goddesses in their godly form. His long hair was made into a single, thick braid that extended to his lower back. Furthermore, his skin glinted into a scaly red appearance and his eyes were as black as the starless night sky.

Typhon now had a large and well-defined, massive frame as each of his muscles protruded along his body, covered with dark-inked markings that somewhat resembled ancient Greek symbols and texts. Although in his new, smaller form, he still radiated the same amount of power and aura as he did earlier. One look and anyone can easily tell that no one can underestimate him.

"We battle to our deaths, Zeus!", as soon as he gave the word, walang pagdadalawang-isip itong sumugod sa direksyon ni god Zeus.

I didn't even expect the immeasurable speed that came with his attack as he immediately landed a heavy blow to the god Zeus almost quicker than the speed of light, casting the god a couple of feet away and destroying a few columns due to the extreme impact that it caused.

We all saw how the god Zeus' ichor trickled down his eyebrow that has been cut from the assault as Typhon's menacing laugh echoed throughout the corners of the place while mockingly staring at the god Zeus' direction.

Nobody had the courage to even move a muscle. I presume that most of the gods were still disoriented with the unpredicted turn of events.

"I can see that you're still as pathetic as you were before, Zeus. Maybe even more weaker.", pang-iinsulto pa nito as he cracked his fists and stood again in an intimidating defensive stance, ready for an expected counter-attack from the god Zeus.

Bolts of electricity began to envelope the god's body as he willed the skies to his command, striking a powerful flash of lightning on the exact position where he stood.

I shut my eyes due to the intense gleam caused by the lightning as I was immediately awestriken after seeing a massive bolt that had already manifested on the god Zeus' right hand.