CHAPTER XLIV: Πρωταθλητές της ερημιάς

044- CHAMPIONS OF THE WILDERNESS

AHLKRIA

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since I found out about the truth behind the events that took place after the fulfillment of the second piece of the broken prophecy.

I spent the entire two weeks alone, mourning inside my bedroom here in the House of Hecate. I just couldn't accept the facts so easily.

There have been instances that the class Primarius would come and visit me but I've been shutting them out. For some reason, I just wanted to be left alone and I'm glad that they understood.

A week and four days ago... I'm not sure if it was just my hallucination or a dream, but it was about the strike of midnight when I felt someone enter my room. I kept my eyes shut the whole time until a familiar presence enveloped my senses.

Whoever that was, sat in my bed and gently caressed my hair. I remember that someone whispering something behind me as I layed in my bed, pretending to be sound asleep...

"I miss you. I'm sorry for not being by your side while you're in so much pain. I couldn't even do anything. T-This is crazy."

"We'll be back in a week for a journey to Arcadia. I thought... you should know. I'll see you soon. Wait for me."

I couldn't even lose that voice inside my head until now. May kutob ako sa kung sino yun but I just didn't want to assume. I'm scared.

I stared at myself in my room's full-length mirror as I forced a smile. Ngayon ko nalang ulit nasuot yung uniporme ng class Primarius. The colors of white and gold. Purity and triumph.

Someone like me shouldn't be wearing this. Someone tainted with immorality... and a miserable failure.

I absent-mindedly made my way to the Banquet Hall for breakfast. Nakayuko lang ako habang naglalakad as I mentally reminded myself to smile infront of the others when I get there.

Yander surely wouldn't want to see me in this state. At sigurado akong mas lalo lang mapo-problema ang class Primarius kapag nakita nila akong nakasimangot. I don't want to be the burden anymore. I need to be strong for everyone's sake.

I heard a strange commotion inside the Banquet Hall when I reached the entrance. I'm pretty sure I overheard something about 'returning' and 'Arcadia.' Wait...

The entire hall fell silent when they saw me standing in-front of the huge double doors as they turned to me in shock. Ilang minuto ring nangibabaw ang katahimikan hanggang sa nagulat ako nang bigla nalang silang nagsitakbuhan papunta sa gawi ko.

Pinagkaguluhan ako ng halos lahat ng mga semideus ng academy na ipinagtaka ko. They were constantly muttering a series of apologies and words of gratitude. Most of them were teary-eyed. May iba pa ngang yumakap sakin kaya medyo nabaguhan ako sa pakikitungo nila.

"What's all this about?", dalawang-isip na tanong ko sa kanila as I creased my eyebrows. Last time I checked, most of them resented me.

"Words aren't enough to express how sorry we are for what we did to you, Ahlkria. We're consumed with guilt, knowing that we were on the wrong the whole time. Sana mapatawad mo kami sa mga ginawa namin sa'yo.", nagulat ako sa tinuran nung isa sa mga students ng class Medialis. The others even agreed with her. I didn't know what to say.

"I... There's nothing to apologize about. We were all in the wrong at some point in the past.", simpleng saad ko, trying to make a point as I scanned the crowd for the familiar faces of the class Primarius.