CHAPTER LXVII: Να πνιγεί με το αίμα του πατέρα

067- TO DROWN WITH THE FATHER'S BLOOD

AMADEUS

"T-This is... Greece? Wow.", I can't help myself but be mesmerized by the ancient Greek architecture around the place. I couldn't even blink while scanning the entirety of the village. And there are a lot of people too!

"Technically this town is only a small part of it, Amadeus. Wait. You've never been to Greece before?", halos mapatalon ako sa kaba nang may bigla nalang nagsalita mula sa likuran ko. Laking-gulat ko naman nang bumungad sakin si---

"C-Cleandra! Y-You're here too?", oh for the love of the gods, akala ko mag-isa lang akong napadpad sa lugar na to. Although I'll admit that I'd actually prefer Auraellia to be here with me instead. I really hope that daughter of Demeter is alright.

"Oh don't look too disappointed now, brother. Your stupid reaction wounds me. Sorry ha at hindi si Rae ang kasama mo rito.", she sarcastically retorted while giving me a teasing look. Napakunot kaagad ang noo ko nang marinig ko yung tawag niya sa'kin.

"You called me brother? Ako? Kapatid ba tayo?"

"Well since your father, the god of rebirth, Zagreus was considered as the first-born Dionysus, we're kind of like siblings now.", she stated as a matter-of-factly while giving me a weird look. Hindi ako kumibo. This girl is my sister?

"Ugh you're hopeless Amadeus. How did Rae even manage to---tsk. Maiba nga tayo, so you've never actually been to Greece before?", inulit niya nalang yung una niyang naging tanong sa'kin kanina. I nodded.

"Did you perhaps forget that I was a Roman semideus in my first life? We were forbidden to step on Greek soil due to the blood feud that time.", nagpatango-tango naman siya sa sagot ko before eyeing the place around us too.

"My bad. But... where exactly in Greece are we?"

"I don't know, the past?", I tried to genuinely answer but my excitement faded when she suddenly smacked me in the head.

"Hey!", I complained habang sapo-sapo yung ulo ko pero tumawa lang siya.

"Tanga. Ang ibig kong sabihin, what region is this?", Clea clarified. My forehead creased.

"Why are you asking me? I literally just told you earlier that I've never been to Greece before. Paano ko malalaman kung nasaan tayo ngayon?"

"Oo na nga! Kalma. Let's just ask around.", she eventually suggested. I didn't protest.

"Hey little boy, do you mind telling me and my friend here what town this is?", tanong ko sa isang batang lalaki na nadaanan namin ni Clea.

I almost jumped when I realized that I just spoke Ancient Greece's native tongue pero hindi ko pinahalata sa batang kaharap namin iyon dahil baka magtaka ito.

"You're in the town of Anthedon in Boeotia, mister.", the kid answered before excusing himself from our company at tsaka naglakad paalis. I turned to Clea.

"Narinig mo ba yung sinabi nung bata? Is this place really 'the' ancient Anthedon?", my eyes widened. The sight of this ancient Greek town is enough to take anyone's breath away. I've only heard of stories back when I was still serving the Legion habang sa kasalukuyang panahon naman na pinanggalingan namin ay wala na ang lugar na toh. Ruins nalang yung natira.

Ancient Anthedon is a port city of northern Boeotia located in the foothills of Mount Messapius on the Gulf of Euboea.

I was still busy admiring the scenic beauty of the ancient town until my eyes found Cleandra who looked disturbed and lost in her thoughts kaya nilapitan ko siya.