The Greek And Roman Deities Mentioned in the Previous Chapters

Bellona (pronounced as 'be-low-nah')
- is the Roman Goddess of War, closely associated with Mars, the Roman War-God.

Doris
- was the oceanid-nymph wife of the sea-god Nereus and the mother of the fifty Nereides.

Hera
- is the Queen of the Gods and is the wife and sister of Zeus who is the goddess of women, marriage, family and childbirth.

Juno
- is the chief goddess and female counterpart of Jupiter, closely resembling the Greek Hera, with whom she was identified.

Mars
- was the Roman god of war and second only to Jupiter in the Roman pantheon. Although most of the myths involving the god were borrowed from the Greek god of war Ares, Mars, nevertheless, had some features which were uniquely Roman.

Mercury
- is the god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence, messages, communication, travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves; he also serves as the guide of souls to the underworld. His Greek counterpart is the god Hermes.

Minerva
- is the goddess of handicrafts, the professions, the arts, and, later, war; she was commonly identified with the Greek Athena.

Neptune
- was the name that ancient Romans gave to the Greek god of the sea and earthquakes, Poseidon who controlled winds and storms.

Nereus
- is the sea god called by Homer “Old Man of the Sea,” noted for his wisdom, gift of prophecy, and ability to change his shape. He was the son of Pontus, a personification of the sea, and Gaea, the Earth goddess.

Sao
-  is one of the Nereid Nymphs of ancient Greek mythology, associated as the nereid of "safe" passage, or the rescue of sailors.

Styx
- is a deity and a river that forms the boundary between Earth and the Underworld.

Thetis
- a sea nymph, a goddess of water, or one of the 50 Nereids, daughters of the ancient sea god Nereus.

Venus
- was the goddess of love, sex, beauty, and fertility. She was the Roman counterpart to the Greek Aphrodite.

Vulcan
- considered as the manufacturer of art, arms, iron, jewelry, and armor for various gods and heroes, including the lightning bolts of Jupiter. He was the son of Jupiter and Juno, and the husband of Maia and Venus. His Greek counterpart is the god Hephaestus.

Zelus
- was the daimon that personifies dedication, emulation, eager rivalry, envy, jealousy, and zeal.

_______________________________________

Sources:

https://www.theoi.com/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

https://www.britannica.com/