CHAPTER LIII: Ο πατέρας όλων των τεράτων

053- THE FATHER OF ALL MONSTERS

THEODDEUS

"T-Theo.", I felt all of my senses shut down in an insant when I saw the witch's expression as she turned towards me with Apollo's arrow pierced through the left side of her chest, directly to her heart.

"W-Witch.", I whispered under my breath. Why is she here? W-Where did she even...

As if the world just stopped revolving around us, I stood there... stunned, frigid, and numb. I watched as the daughter of Hecate fell unto the cold, stony ground and yet I couldn't even move to catch her in my arms. How useless am I?

That arrow was supposed to be for me. I was supposed to be the one lying there in her place instead. And yet...

"V-Vasilissa mou, I didn't m-mean to---", hearing my Olympian brother, Apollo's voice, flipped a switch inside me.

"You're leaving tomorrow with the witch and that new guy, right?", I confronted my cousin outside the House of Hades. He just threw me a blank stare.

"And what's in it for you, Theoddeus?", I gritted my teeth at his answer.

"Nezekaiah---"

"If you're worried about Ahlkria then don't be. I won't let anything happen to her in the Underworld.", my cousin assured as he cut me off with my words earlier.

"You better keep your word.", I countered as he simply nodded. I then took a deep breath before speaking...

"I'm leaving for Etna after your departure with the witch tomorrow. I was hoping to see her off---"

"I don't think so, Theoddeus.", I clicked my tongue in annoyance with his interference. He didn't even let me finish.

"And you're leaving tomorrow? Don't you mean you're sneaking out of the academy? I doubt you'll ask permission from the goddess Eunomia. Not even by your father's name, huh?", he accused as he shot me a suspicious look. A smirk formed on the corner of my mouth.

"You know me too well, don't you, cousin?", I mean, Nezekaiah, Alaxceur, and I are close... well, most of the time.

"I'm planning to get my lance fixed.", since I broke it during our fight with Chronos and only the god Hephaestus can restore it to its original form.

I heard Nezekaiah scoff...

"You sure you're not planning to get your divine weapon fixed just so you can challenge Apollo into a duel?", I instantly threw him a sharp look because of what he said. Damn him.

"Even if I 'do' challenge him after I get my divine weapon fixed, my reason will be valid enough, Nezekaiah."

"You don't stand a chance against Apollo, Theoddeus---"

"You think I don't know that?", I snapped at him as my jaw clenched. I let out a curse in Greek.

Apollo's a god. An Olympian. And... I'm just a mere semideus. I never even once stood a chance against him. Not even with Ahlkria.

"Don't tell me you're acting like this just because of the prophecy, Theoddeus. I never thought you'd be this stupid.", I knew he'd jump into conclusions. And I knew that he also understood what the first line of the third piece of the prophecy meant.

"I want to take something back from him, Nezekaiah.", I stated. I heard him hiss.

"Take something back? Who? Ahlkria? She was never yours to begin with, Theoddeus.", I was suddenly struck by daggers with his words as I sneered at him.