CHAPTER III: O Νύφη του ηλιακού φωτός

003- THE BRIDE OF SUNLIGHT

The bastard said it was a one hour curse yesterday. Well, curse him. Habang lumalapit ang healing time nung burn ay mas sumasakit naman ito, to the point that I can imagine my arm separating from my body! It was 'that' painful, pero walang dugong lumalabas. In the end, I had no other f*cking choice but to endure it.

Actually ganun ang ipinagtataka ko palagi tuwing nasusugatan ako eversince I was a child. Whenever I scrape my knee or my arms and elbows sa kakatakbo, walang dugong lumalabas dito and it would always heal within a day. Palagi lang sinasabi ni mom---I mean, goddess Hestia sa'kin na normal lang daw ito sa isang katulad kong bata. I didn't quite get what she really meant by that on the first place pero mukhang naiintindihan ko na ito ngayon. Was it because I'm a semideus? An offspring of a mortal and a god?

"Sweetheart, you're too impulsive as always. Can't you rest for a bit?"

Naalala ko ulit yung mga sinasabi sakin ni mom noon---Argh, goddess Hestia nga! Tsk. She would always label me as impulsive and reckless. Hindi raw kasi ako mapakali noong bata pa ako.

Well, not much has changed actually. Even the professors from my previous schools in the mortal realm ay palagi akong pinapagalitan because I was always messing up their class. I also have a bad record at my previous school for getting almost a perfect attendance at the disciplinary office. I mean, I just couldn't help myself.

My body suddenly turned cold for a couple of seconds when a random thought crossed my mind. Yung sinabi ni Theo kahapon...

"The Greek god of sunlight, prophecy, music, and poetry. The twin brother of the goddess Artemis."

"Apollo."

"Apollo."

"Apollo."

Natulala ako as I felt the blood rush through my cheeks dahil sa naisip. The name rang inside my head like the bells on top of a church's bell tower. The greek god of sunlight, prophecy, music, and poetry, A-Apollo. The god Apollo. Just imagining myself being married to the god Apollo scared the wits out of me. It's crazy talk.

Now how will I ever give the god Zeus a worthy and acceptable reason para hindi pakasalan ang anak niya? At kung sinuswerte pa nga naman ako ay si Apollo pa! Seryoso ba talaga si Theo dun sa sinabi niya? Pero hindi naman pwedeng magkatuluyan ang isang god at isang hamak na semideus---

"Daughter of Hecate.", nahulog ako mula sa pagkakalambitin patiwarik sa  training bar sa loob ng kwarto ko when I heard someone speak. Don't even ask me why I was doing that stunt habang nagmumuni-muni nang kung ano sa isipan ko. Kumalabog ako sa sahig at hinimas yung ulo ko na tumama sa floor ng kwarto. I cursed.

"Sh*t---I mean, goddess Eunomia! I mean no disrespect! I just---", the goddess, who just appeared in my room without notice now stood infront of me. Medyo napaatras ako sa presensya niya. She always gives me the creeps.

"I came here to inform you that your classes will start at eight. You will be gathering with the other semideuses at the Banquet Hall in an hour for your breakfast. Your class schedule and Identification-navigator is at your bedside table and your uniforms are located in your wardrobe. Your other professors and I will not tolerate late students, daughter of Hecate. You are descendants of the gods themselves. We expect you to act like it. That would be all.", she trailed off and suddenly vanished into thin air.

I immediately went towards my bedside table as my eyes widened once I saw a piece of cream-colored parchment with intricate, golden Greek letters imprinted on it just beside the lampshade. May nakapatong din ditong parang golden bangle na nang pulutin ko ay may nakasulat palang mga details dun.