CHAPTER XLIX: Τα πέντε δάκρυα της αβύσσου

049- THE FIVE TEARS OF THE ABYSS

AHLKRIA

I stood infront of her, stunned by her words. My body went rigid while staring directly into her eyes that resembled bright shades of pink spinel gemstones. Her long, mahogany brown hair hung loose down to her waist. Her skin even resembled porcelain as it looked too fragile to touch. Napatigil ako sa paghinga habang nakatitig kay Reynaia as I realized something...

There was no wonder Kai, Theo, and Eur all fell for her at the same time. Her beauty is radiant... and timeless.

"I finally have the chance to speak to you in-person. It's an honor to meet the famous daughter of the goddess Hecate.", even her voice sounded so gentle and angelic. Her smile was enough to take your breath away. I stuttered...

"I mean, how are you---", she cut me off.

"Alive? I certainly am not, Ahlkria. See?", I was startled when she suddenly walked through my body like smoke. My eyes widened.

"You're a shade.", that explains the light surrounding her body. She's only a spirit.

"Indeed. I am long gone from this realm Ahlkria. However, I still need to do something before I can finally pass through the gates of the underworld. To reach Elysium.", she explained as she let out a faint smile. Maya-maya pa ay ramdam ko ang pagtabi sakin ni Kai kaya napalingon ako sa kanya.

"You're not supposed to be here, la mia principessa.", he started off while giving me a sharp look. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You lied to me.", I pointed out. Napakunot ang noo niya kay nagpatuloy ako sa pagsasalita.

"I saw her once and you told me it was just my imagination. Why didn't you just tell me that the girl I saw back then near the barrier was actually Reynaia's shade?", I furiously asked him. He turned towards me. A hint of fear was present from his eyes.

"I... I didn't want you to get involved with the fragments of the past---", pinutol ko ang pagsasalita niya...

"You're not making any sense, son of Hades."

"It was our fault that she died. We weren't there to protect her. We were too late.", he stated, referring to Reynaia. Nilapitan naman siya nito as she tried to console him.

"How many times have I told you to stop blaming yourselves for all these years, Nezekaiah? The three of you will never be held accountable for my death. It wasn't your fault. It never was.", I heard her say. My heart ached, remembering what Prim told me about the past.

"But I could've bargained with my father to bring you back---", Kai tried to reason out but Reynaia only cut him off.

"You cannot bring the dead back to life, Nezekaiah---at least that's not how it works with mortals like us. You of all semideuses know that.", her tone as she spoke to Kai echoed with finality. Seeing how she's handling Kai right now, I immediately knew that she was very important to him.

"Setting all of that aside, I know you already found the person you want to protect at the extent of your own life, Nezekaiah. And she's standing before us now.", I felt my entire body froze in confusion and shock when Reynaia suddenly shifted her gaze towards me as she gave Kai a teasing look.

Nagulat naman ako nang dahan-dahang lumingon si Kai sa gawi ko kasabay nang pagkunot ng noo ko.

"Kai, what is she talking about?", it's absurd. He'd risk his own life for mine? Hindi naman atah tama iyon.