The Greek Deities Mentioned in the Previous Chapters

Charon
- is an underworld daimon or spirit; the son of Erebus and Nyx who served as the ferryman of Hades who carried the souls or shades of the dead on his boat from the river Acheron into the gates of the underworld. In payment for his service, he received an obolus: a coin placed in the mouth of the deceased upon burial.

Chronos
- is the personification of time in Greek mythology who wields the harvesting scythe who is often confused with the Titan god of time and harvest and, father to the Olympians, Cronus. He is also one of the primordial deities and often referred to as 'father time' and 'Aion.'

Iapetus
- is one of the elder titans in Greek mythology; son of Uranus and Gaea and father to Atlas, Prometheus, and Epimetheus. Often referred to as 'the piercer', Iapetus is considered as the Titan of mortality and mortal life-span.

Pan
- is the Greek god of the wild, shepherds and flocks, nature of mountain wilds, rustic music and impromptus, and companion of the nymphs who is said to abode in the peaceful region of Arcadia. He is often depicted as having the hindquarters, legs, and horns of a goat, in the same manner as a faun or satyr.

Tartarus
- is the primordial god of the stormy pit of Tartaros that lies beneath the foundations of the earth. He was the body of the pit itself rather than an athropomorphic deity and was envisaged as the opposite of the sky, an inverted-dome lying beneath the flat earth.

Zagreus
- was regarded as the 'first-born Dionysus' and the underworld god of hunting, rebirth, and the Orphic mysteries. Often referred in different myths as a child of either Zeus and Persephone or Hades and Persephone.

-The Nine Muses-

Calliope
- is the eldest of the Muses and the muse of eloquence and epic poetry.

Clio
- one of the Nine Muses and regarded as the muse of history.

Erato
- one of the Nine Muses depicted as the muse of lyric and erotic poetry or hymns.

Euterpe
- also called as the 'giver of delight' and muse of music and lyric poetry.

Melpomene
- one of the Nine Muses and the muse of tragedy and drama.

Polyhymnia
- the muse of sacred poetry and divine hymns as well as agriculture and pantomime.

Terpsichore
- is known as the muse of dance, chorus, and rhythm.

Thalia
- one of the Nine Muses and presider over comedy and idyllic poetry.

Urania
- one of the Nine Muses and depicted as the muse of astronomy.

_______________________________________

Sources:

https://www.theoi.com/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

https://www.britannica.com/