CHAPTER XXXVII: Ένα Άργος της Ιθάκης

037- THE GREEK ENCHANTRESS

EURECA

"How. Could. You.", nakayuko ako as I uttered those words and failed to make it sound like a question because of trying to suppress my anger. As if all trace of emotions just washed away from me.

"E-Eureca? I don't understand---", I suddenly lifted my gaze towards him standing infront of my dead father's body kaya napatigil siya sa pagsasalita. My eyes flashed into a metallic gold color, just like my mothers'.

"You killed him. You killed my father.", I declared. I couldn't even recognize my own voice. I can almost feel the bones from my own hand cracking while I was clenching my fists with all my might. Nanginginig ako ngayon. Any minute now and my nerves could pop from the pressure which I am exerting throughout my entire body. The burning sensation of rage, anguish, torment. How could he do this to me?!

"Eureca, what are you talking about?", he was confused as he stared at me. Kinuyom ko lang ang mga kamao ko habang sunod-sunod na nagsipatakan ang mga luha ko sa mata.

"You'll pay for this Niles. A life... for a life.", madilim na sambit ko as I immediately summoned my divine weapon and went for him without hesitation. My eyes were burning with bloodlust as he managed to block my attack with his spear.

"What are you doing Eureca?! This is all an illusion! This is not real! God Zelus, tell her!", I heard him call out to the Greek deity who was currently observing us pero mas lalong nanlaki ang mata ni Niles nang makitang hindi manlang siya sinagot nito as the god Zelus only stared at him.

"You bastard!", he yelled at the god Zelus as he deflected my weapon with full force and managed to dodge a few meters away from me.

"Believe me, Eureca. Hindi totoo ang lahat ng toh. It's that bastard god's doing---", I immediately cut him off.

"How can I believe your words when you killed my father, Niles?!", kitang-kita ko ang panlalaki ng mata niya sa sinabi ko as I saw his hand trembled. Nagpabaling-baling ang tingin niya sakin at sa ama ko na wala nang buhay.

"Y-You're... really his d-daughter?", hindi makapaniwalang saad niya. Halatang naguguluhan siya sa mga nangyayari pero hindi ko alam kung bakit. Gusto kong maniwala na hindi nga totoo ang lahat ng ito. That my father is still alive, and that Niles didn't kill him.

But I know my own father too well. I can tell that it's really him. And he's dead. One of my friends... killed him. And now he's going to pay for what he did, with his life.

"Answer my question. Ikaw ang pumatay sa ama ko, diba?", and you can't change that fact Niles. Kahit saang anggulo tingnan, pinatay mo parin ang ama ko.

"Look, Eureca, I... did. But that bastard god over there is the one manipulating us. He made this false illusion so that he can trick the both of us into fighting each other. He told me himself earlier! This isn't real---"

"You're wrong, Niles. He tricked you into thinking that this 'illusion' he created was really just a mere figment of our imagination when in fact, everything that's happening right now is all real. Hindi mo ba nakikita?", walang bakas ng emosyon sa boses ko. I'm tired with all the sh*t that's currently happening. Naalala ko pa yung mga sinabi ni god Zelus sakin kanina.

"The challenge is quite simple. I'll place you under an illusion. However, this is unlike any other illusion that you've already experienced, daughter of Nemesis. There's a catch. Everything that you're about to see, right from the beginning, up until the end of the test, everything will be real."