CHAPTER LI: Προάγγελος των εφιάλτων

051- HARBINGER OF NIGHTMARES

ARCHSEV

"It's been a week since those three left. Sa tingin mo ay okay lang yung mga iyon?", I turned towards Pen's direction when she suddenly asked about Kai, Kria, and Amadeus. Napabuntong-hininga lang ako.

"I hope so.", tipid na sagot ko. I'm not really comfortable about the idea of those three journeying the depths of the Underworld.

On the other hand, our meeting three days ago held at the amphitheatre thankfully ended up well since the other classes were very cooperative with the event suggestions for the Feast of Artemis this coming May 6th.

"How are the preparations going so far?", I asked Penelope for updates habang nag-aayos ng paperworks dito sa Bibliotheca. She smiled.

Everyone's been busy with the upcoming Feast for a while now. My duty as the academy's Polemarchos is to see to it na walang papalpak.

"No need to worry, Sev. The others are doing fine. The preparations are slowly falling into place. And besides, the students from the class Neophytos and Medialis are pretty much as excited for this event as we are.", saad ni Pen sabay tawa kaya napahugot ako ng malalim na hininga. That was a relief. Akala ko magkakaproblema ulit.

"And the class Primarius?", kabadong tanong ko. Kita ko ang ilang sandaling pagbabago ng ekspresyon niya.

"Most of them are doing well with their duties.", my forehead creased at her answer.

"Most of them? Please elaborate clearly, Penelope.", I seriously commanded. Kita ko naman ang bahagyang paglunok ni Pen before she let out a nervous laugh.

"W-Well, the girls are doing fine. And little Valyria's doing her best in helping them too. The g-guys however, well, they've sorta been uh--- how shall I put this, uhm... s-slacking off?"

"What?!", padabog akong napatayo sa kinauupuan ko sabay hampas sa mesa dahil sa narinig.

"C-Calm down Sev--"

"No! Those goons are gonna get it.", I furiously trailed off as I stormed out of the Bibliotheca. Narinig ko pa ang pagtawag sakin ni Pen na hindi ko pinansin at nagpatuloy lang sa paglalakad.

I can't believe those idiots are letting the girls do all the hard work assigned for the class Primarius?! What in the name of Athena are they even up to?

"Aeodysus!", bungad ko kay Aeo as I slammed the doors of his workshop open inside the House of Hephaestus.

Sa sobrang gulat niya ay nabitawan niya pa yung karga-karga niyang anvil sa sahig, creating a deafening sound na mas lalong ikinataranta niya. He furiously turned to my direction as his eyes widened.

"What in the name of the gods dude? Paano nalang kung sa paa ko nahulog yung anvil?!", sigaw niya sakin sabay yuko at padabog na pinulot yung anvil ay isinauli sa platform na pinaglalagyan nito. He then glared at me and I returned it with the same intensity.

"Oh don't even dare to give me that dirty look Aeodysus or I'll gouge both of your eyes out! What have you and the other goons been up to? Is it so important that you had to slack off instead of help the girls for the preparations?"

"Slack off your face dude! Seems like you're forgetting that I'm building Alaxceur a new arm.", napatigil ako sa sinabi niya when I remembered.

"Oh... r-right."

"Geez. Are you 'that' stressed out with organizing the event lately that you somehow managed to misplace your wisdom somewhere?", he mocked as he worked up his fire to operate the forge. Napangiwi ako.