CHAPTER XXXI: Η πρώτη εργασία του Ηρακλή

031- THE FIRST LABOR OF HERACLES

PRIMORDIA

"So this is Nemea?", takang tanong ko when we finally arrived in our destination after we entered one of the mythical gateways in London. And yes, we got transported to London, England kani-kanina lang.

"There must be a mistake. This isn't Nemea.", I heard Rios declare beside me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. Napalingon kami sa paligid.

We stood at the center of a temple's ruins. There were several Doric columns that still stood around the place and the rest was all rubble at mga bitak-bitak na limestone. It was scattered all-over the place. Parang pamilyar din ang buong lugar sakin...

"Oh no.", kabadong saad ko at mahinang tinulak palayo si Rios when I finally realized it. Gulat naman siyang napatingin sakin.

"What's wrong, agápi mou?", he asked me. My heart pounded when I roamed my eyes around the familiar place to confirm things out.

"This is the ruins of Heraion. We're in Olympia, Greece.", the entire Beta Team's eyes widened in recognition when they heard what I said. Yes. Alam kong alam nila ang tinutukoy ko. This is bad news. Very... bad news.

When everyone got transported earlier from the academy, nagtaka nalang ako with the rest of the Beta Team when we found ourselves in the middle of London, England. Wala namang masyadong nangyari at the first few minutes but then I suddenly heard a voice saying that Olympus has fallen and that the sands shall be released all-over the mortal realm.

After that vision of mine ay nawalan ako ng malay, and the next thing I knew when I woke up ay huminto na ang takbo ng oras dun sa London. Literally everything stopped! Rios explained to me what happened after that at sinabihan ko rin sila tungkol sa vision na nakita ko. That was when we confirmed that the voice really belonged to the lord Chronos and that he was already beginning his plan of world domination kaya kailangan na talaga naming kumilos.

"I know this owl. This is Archsev's animalis guardian, Sapientia.", Rios' face was full of recognition as he approached the large owl with full armor and battle claws. Its eyes were grey, like the mist. It carried something in its back containing a couple of scrolls.

We found out that the scrolls were from Sev, and that it contained a message of warning and request. Some of our teammates wanted to back-out at first but Rios and I eventually managed to talk them into continuing the tournament. Natakot kasi sila nang malamang nasa ilalim na pala ng kontrol ni lord Chronos ang mga gods---well hindi rin namin sila masisi kung natatakot sila because to be honest, even 'I' am afraid. Napakalaking problema nun kung sakali.

We brainstormed for a couple of minutes with the whole Beta Team and one of our members hinted us about the scattered mythical gateways all-over the seven continents that could transport anyone to certain places along the mythical realm. Luckily for us, the gateway of London was located inside the Big Ben's clock tower kaya madali lang namin itong natunton.

We had a few failed attempts with the transport that some of our members almost had to give up, buti nalang talaga at sa pang labing-anim na subok namin ay nagtagumpay na kami.

And that's how we ended up here in Olympia---na palpak parin. Our main destination was supposed to be Nemea, Greece because that's where Sev assigned us to find the hidden artifact or something. And now, we're in big trouble.

"We're on the opposite direction of our supposed destination. Ancient Nemea is located on the Northeastern parts of the Peloponnese in Greece. We landed here in Olympia which is in the western coast of the Peloponnese, this is Southern Greece. The coordinates got f*cked up.", I saw Rios' jaw clenched as he faced the rest of the Beta Team. His eyes were more intense and I can sense the sternness on his tone.