CHAPTER XLII: Το τέλος της έναρξης

042- THE END OF THE BEGINNING

AHLKRIA

In a blink of an eye, there was chaos.

The disturbing sound of weapons clashing against each other. The forceful tremors resonating from the temple floors up to the extensive ceiling, and the terrifying screams of pain, agony, and torture drowned the walls of the entire temple of time.

I stood there, still unable to do anything as I watched my comrades fight for our rightful triumph. My heart raced irregularly as I gripped my chest tightly, catching my breath.

An unfamiliar tingling sensation was dominating the corners of my soul, as if it was trying to pull me deeper into the bottomless chasm of darkness---of evil.

"Kria!", halos hindi ko na marinig ang tawag sakin ni Sev. Their voices were drowned with the maddening thoughts that continued circling inside my head.

"Stop.", I can't stand the pain. It's eating a part of my soul. Like it wants to extinguish the burning flame of hope and virtues I have left inside of me.

No. I musn't succumb to its desires. I must fight. Giving up now would only prove the horrible visions that the lord Chronos showed me true. Slaughtering humanity and my friends. In those visions, my soul was stained black. There was no goodness left in it, only pure evil. And I don't want that to happen. Not yet.

After all, just as the goddess Circe said to me back at the island of Aeaea... This is only the beginning. I can't fall now.

"Stop resisting, my precious daughter. It will only make things harder for you. Let yourself drown into the darkness. It's your nature to kill. They are not your friends. Come, take your rightful place by Chronos' side.", napapikit ako nang marinig ko ang boses ng aking ina.

When I turned towards my mother, the goddess Hecate who's currently dealing with Sev, my body froze as I felt my heart stop for a second before my eyes turned pitch black, like hers, the moment she glanced at my direction as a menacing grin was plastered on her face.

This isn't happening. It's too much. Her power. She's trying to control me.

It was not long until I heard Chronos' laugh not far behind where I stood. I can sense three more essences near him. Eur, Kai, and Theo must be dealing with the deity right now.

I unconsciously summoned my divine weapon that was now cloaked in absolute darkness as it absorbed my flames and began reconstructing it into arrows.

Everything happened in a flash. The next thing I knew, I was already firing my arrows towards Eur, Kai, and Theo's direction who managed to skillfully dodged and deflect my arrows with their divine weapons pero hindi parin nila maiwasang madaplisan nung iba sa gulat. They turned to me.

"What are you doing Kria?!", si Eur ang sumigaw but I just kept firing at them. Alam kong mali, pero hindi ko mapigilan ang sarili ko.

"I'm trying!", I shouted in frustration as I gritted my teeth. Bakit ayaw sumunod ng katawan ko? What is my mother doing to me?

"Trying to what? Kill us?!", Eur sarcastically fired back at me as they dodged my attacks. Dagdag pa na sinusugod din sila ngayon ni Chronos with his scythe. They're in trouble.

"That's it Ahlkria. Kill the semideus children of the gods. In the end, they'll just betray you.", I heard Chronos' sinister tone as his deep set of vermillion eyes gaze at my direction.

"No.", I defied the thoughts with all my might as I forcefully turned my attacks away from Eur, Kai, and Theo. With that, parang narinig ko ang pagkabali ng mga buto ko sa likod.