Like 'em?

Vic

I heard Harry start the shower from the other side of the door and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a Gatorade from the fridge. I walked to my room and grabbed a small box from the shelf and went back to the living room and took a seat on the couch, placing the box on the coffee table in front of me. I opened it and pulled out a few small bottles of nail polish. I pulled out the clear base coat and covered each nail and waiting for it to dry.

I opened my phone and scrolled the pictures I took while on a hike this morning with Harry. We leave for tour in a week and saying I was excited is an understatement. Harry and I were good again, I mean... not like before, but we were good. We were close again, but there were no sleep overs like before, there was no kissing, holding hands... we were friends. No confusion about that anymore. The pink scar above his eyebrow is fading more everyday and he couldn't be more impatient for it to disappear entirely. He said it's just a reminder of the accident and it makes his head spin when he thinks about it all too much. I understand where he's coming from.

I heard his foot steps coming up the hall from behind me and I turned around to see him. He was wearing black basketball shorts and white t-shirt, his hair wet and slicked back out of his face. He smiled at me and walked around the couch, taking a seat beside me. I looked at the tank and to him and smirked.

"What color should I paint my nails?" I asked him lightly, she smiled warmly and leaned forward looking at the three different colors I had out in front of me. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked for a moment longer before grabbing a bottle off of the table and handing it to me. He picked the dark deep blue and smiled proudly with his choice. I unscrewed the top and placed my hand on the table and began to paint my nails on my left hand. Once I was done I placed my other hand down and began to paint a nail, not very well. I've never been good at painting with my less dominant hand, I usually just do poorly and clean up the edges after I'm done.

"Here, let me." Harry said placing his hand over mind gently and grabbing the brush and bottle.

"Harry, do you know how to paint nails?" I asked and he scoffed and rolled his eyes playfully.

"It's not rocket science. Plus, Gemma broke her arm when we were little so I learned how to paint her nails for her, while he wore the cast." He said, it wanted my heart hearing him talk about his family, the way he talks about them drips with such love and pride for them. He got off the couch and went to the other side of the table, across from me. He placed the bottle of polish on the table and reached across, grabbing my hand gently. He held my hand in his, and dipped the nail polish brush in the bottle, he ran it along the neck of the bottle to get just enough polish, and swiped it along my nail.

I watched his face as he held his bottom lip between his teeth as he concentrated. I reached over and brushed a piece of hair away from his forehead, and immediately I regretted it. Things were distant now, I didn't want this to cross some sort of imaginary boundary that we unknowingly made. Instead, he smiled softly and his cheeks turned light pink as he lightly shook his head. He screwed the cover to the nail polish back onto the bottle and nodded to me.

"Told you I could do it." He said smugly and I looked down at my blue nails. I smiled and looked up to him as he looked through the rest of the colors in the box of polish. He looked up to me shyly and gave me a small smile. "Would you... paint mine?" He asked and I smiled widely and nodded happily.

"What color?" I asked him and he looked back in the box and pulled out a lighter blue color and placed it beside the color I used.

"I like this one. But I want one of them the same color as yours." He said lightly and looked at me with a shy smile. I reached over and grabbed one of his hands and placed it on the table as I got the base coat opened. I grabbed his hand back in mine and began painting the clear coat on each hand before painting the color he picked on, and painting his index fingernail the dark blue I'm wearing. Once I finished I looked at them for a moment before looking up at him with a smile.

"All done." I said and he held them up in front of his face so he could see them, and he smiled widely at me. "Like 'em?" I asked and he turned his focus back to me and nodded excitedly.

"Thank you." He said happily and looked back at his hands. It was cute seeing how happy he got over just having his nails painted, I would do anything to keep him smiling like this.

"So, how's writing the second album coming? Anything new?" I asked and he looked at me with a sly smile and shrugged. He told me how he's always writing, I would kill just to get a glimpse of what he's writing and he puts in that notebook.

"Got some stuff in the works." He said and i raised and eyebrow and stared at him.

"That's it? "Got some stuff isn't he works"? No further info?" I pushed and he chuckled and leaned back on his hands, outstretched behind him.

"Yupp. I finished up lyrics to a song the other week, just gotta get the instrumental finished now." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Do I get the title? What it's about?" I asked him and he looked away dramatically and then looked back to me while putting a finger on his chin as he looked up to the ceiling. "Just the title then." I added and he looked back to me, tilting his head.

"Golden." Was all he said.

"Golden?" I repeated to him and he nodded happily. 

"Yupp. It's Golden."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
HI GIRLIES!!!!

I know this isn't the best chapter, it's also SUPER short so I'm sorry for that! I've been in a bit of block recently but I had this scene in my head and wanted it to be yours.

Anyway, thank you all as always, for being AMAZING. Love love love love all the comments and feedback. It makes my entire day!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Also!!!!! I've been thinking about creating an Instagram account for Ms.Victoria Townes. Would any of you be interested in that or follow?! Pls pls pls let me know what y'all think!

All the love
-r