Harry

Harry

There she is, right on time. She hurried up to the door and when she pulled it open the little golden bell rang loudly with the motion of the door. She walks up and waits in the short line before making her way to the counter where she places her order. I see her here every Thursday at around 1:32pm to be exact, she always walks in with a smile as she waves to whoever greets her as she enters. I've seen her here every Thursday for the last couple of weeks and have yet to grow a pair and simply walk up to her and say hi. Mostly because if I actually do it, and manage to say 'hi'... I'm not sure what to follow up with- so I just don't.

"Helloooo? Earth to Harry?" The sound of snapping fingers brings my attention back to Mitch who sat across from me. "So if you're done staring..." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"I wasn't- I was just- never mind." I stuttered back and he nodded with a sarcastic look on his face and turned the page of the open notebook on the table.

"You only have 8 songs on the track list so far, you told Jeffery you'd get him 10 tracks, recorded and finished by the end of the month so we can start some serious promo. We need 2 more and we need them recorded and ready in 3 weeks. What's your plan here?" Mitch is such a worry wart when it comes to deadlines, he always likes to have things done a week before the deadline, but I like to take up until the last second making sure things are perfect. I leaned back in my chair and ran my hand through my hair and looked around me before my eyes landed on her again. She sat on a metal stool at the bar that sat in front of the windows. She had her coffee and laptop sitting in front of her with her phone plugged into the computer and off to the side. I looked back at Mitch who had an annoyed look on his face.

"Mitch, relax. Look, let's pick the last two now. You've played some of these drafts out with me so you have an idea how they're gonna sound. What do you think about putting 'Two Ghosts' on the list? Keep it simple with the instrumental, keep it more basic with the drums and guitars. I know it's a different vibe from most of the album but I put a lot into writing it." I explained and he nodded subtly while thinking it over.

"That might be the most useful you've been all day." He said back and I rolled my eyes and flipped him off quickly. "We still need one more." I added and I turned my journal to face him so he could read the list of songs we have yet to decide between.

"What about 'Baby honey' or..... 'kiwi?'" He pushed the journal back to me and I shrugged.

"I'm thinking 'Kiwi' honestly." I told him and he shook his head.

"I disagree, it's a great song, but I think 'Baby Honey' would work for this." He told me and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Fine, when we get to the studio we're gonna put it to a vote between the rest of the guys." I told him and he nodded.

"Okay, fair." Over his shoulder I could see the girl with the brown hair and her laptop getting up and walking towards the door, throwing her cup away before leaving. Before I could weigh the pros and cons of approaching her I was on my feet jogging out the door to catch up to her.

"Hey!" I called out and she stopped and turned to me, her eyes widening for a moment before fully facing me. She was even more beautiful up close than the glances I stole from a distance. "Uh...hi, I'm Harry...Styles." I said nervously with a smile and she tilted her head and offered me a closed out smile in return.

"Well.. Harry Styles, I'm Victoria Townes... people call me Vic." She said and put out her hand, I reached out and grabbed her hand and shook it.

"I...uh... I come here- to Beachwood, every afternoon before I head to... work, and I see you here every Thursday and I just... I wanted to introduce myself." Oh god, that was terrible, that was terrible and awkward and I was totally better off not saying anything.