Cherry

Harry

I went into my closet and rummaged around for a sweater, as mid September approached the morning became chilly and the sun set earlier and earlier, and it begins to remind me a little bit of being back home in England. When I landed on a red knitted sleeve I couldn't quite figure out where it had come from, I pulled it out from under the rest of the sweaters I had packed away for the summer and held it out in front of me. It was a large colorful cardigan, it was a bunch of colorful s squares all knitted together. This wasn't mine, this was Vic's, I remember we were about to go somewhere and I didn't have a sweatshirt or coat, even though she told me I'd need one, and I ended up getting cold and needing one (she's always right, why am I surprised?) and ended up with hers by the end of the night. It's one of my favorites, it still kinda of smells like her perfume.

I threw the cardigan on the bed and put on a white shirt with 'enjoy health• eat your honey' in blue lettering on the front, and threw on a pair of baggy blue jeans. I took her pearl necklace from the table and put it on my pocket, and put the one I bought, around my neck, I felt bad that I had hers so I got one myself so I could return it. I put the cardigan on and threw on my shoes and headed out the door and on my way to Vic's. I havent seen her since the the morning she left, and when she left she said two words to me and took off, but I needed to talk to her about what happened the that night and she hasn't answered any of my texts for a week.

I knocked on her door and it opened only seconds later, I bet she was sitting on the couch on her laptop.

"Harry..." she said as i stepped in. She was wearing black leggings and a large plain white t-shirt, and she looked tired.

"I wanted to uh... talk about the other night." I said and she sighed and nodded.

"We don't have to-"

"Did you tell him?" I cut her off and she pressed her lips together and nodded.

"Yeah, I told him." She said softly.

"What happened?"

"Things are a little fragile but, I think we'll be okay." It hurt a little, after that night that nothing changed. A small, tiny part of me was hoping that it would.

"Oh, good" I forced out. There a moment of silence between us as we just looked at one another, waiting for the other person to speak.

"We should... just see each other while working." She said and raised my eyebrows and nodded. That one hurt a little.

"Right, because things are... fragile." I said quietly and she just nodded. "Alrighty... see you around." I said and turned a left. I wanted her to stop me, I wanted her to tell me she wasn't think straight and that she loves me back. Before I opened the door I paused and turned around and grabbed the necklace from my pocket and held it out. She grabbed it delicately and looked to me with her eyebrows raised. "I figured you'd want it back... I got my own."

"You can keep the cardigan... it looks better on you." She said softly and I smirked and turned back to the door and left.

She chose him, and I'm not sure why even a small part of me thought she wouldn't... that's her boyfriend, I was the mistake she made.

Instead of going home I decided to go to the studio since it was closer, and I had some things I needed to work on, being there sounds a hell of a lot better than going home to be alone and sit with this awful, sick to my stomach feeling.

I turned all the lights on and walked into the empty room and made my way into the recording studio and turned the lights on in there before walking in and setting my keys on the top of the piano. I grabbed the guitar from the stand with the other and sat down on the floor with my back against the wall and set my notebook beside me and started recording on my phone and set it on the other side of me and placed the guitar in my lap.

~•PLAY SONG NOW•~

Don't you call him baby, we're not talking lately, don't you call him what you used to call me. I, I confess I can tell that you are at your best, I'm selfish so I'm hating it. I noticed that there's a piece of you in how I dress, take it as a compliment.
Don't you call him what you used to call me. I, I just miss, I just miss your accent and your friends. Did you know I still talk to them?

Does he take you walking round his parents' gallery?

Don't you call him baby, we're not talking lately
Don't you call him what you used to call me. Don't you call him baby, we're not talking lately, don't you call him what you used to call me."

The room fell dead silent and I set the guitar down beside me, taking in the silence as my eyes began to glass over and and my vision became blurry with tears. I scoffed and leaned my head back on the wall behind me and looked at the ceiling beams.

"Knock knock." I heard someone call out followed by footsteps entering the studio. I pulled my head back up and looked around and saw Mitch walking over and sitting cross legged in front of me. "So?" He asked and I gave a weak smile and shook my head.

"They're uh... they're gonna work it out." I said and he sighed and nodded.

"I'm sorry, man. I know... you thought this was gonna be what changed things, maybe... maybe it's time to move on?" He said and I wiped the tears from my eyes with the palms of my hands and chuckled. "You gotta let her be happy man, I know it sucks but, she's happy."

"Yeah... guess so."

"Does this mean you're gonna stop writing such sad songs soon?" He asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes and I chuckled.

"Fuck off."

"You gonna stick around here?" He asked as he stood up and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm gonna stay here and keep writing." I told him and he nodded. He leaned over and quickly patter my shoulder and went walk back out before stopping and turning to me.

"I'm sorry man, she's moved, you should too. You deserve to be happy." And with that, left me in the studio.