Oh, Anna

Mackenzie

Harry and I have been playing uno on the bus a lot, now that Sarah and Mitch are usually together, not to mention how rip shit Mitch is with Harry still after what happened a couple weeks ago. I placed another card down and waited for Harry to stop typing and to look up from his phone to notice, when he took too long I reached across the table and lightly knocked on the surface with my index finger and he snapped his attention up and nodded. He typed a few more words and then set his phone down and picked up his hand and played his turn.

"How're you holding up?"  I asked and he glance up at me and then back to his cards.

"Ya know... I'm good." Does he think I was born yesterday? Does he think he's a good liar?

"Are you? Because one minute we were having fun playing uno, and now you're quiet and zoned out sooooo..." I said as I placed another card on the small, disorganized pile on between us.

"Yeah..." he nodded his head quickly and placed a card on top of mine "I mean... maybe. I just got a text from a friend asking for a reference for Vic... he saw she was back in the LA area.. wants to meet with her for some shows." I gave him a sympathetic look and nodded. "I miss her, Mackenzie. I forgot for a bit... I've been doing good just focusing on tour, keeping my mind off of her, but he... he asked me about her and if I had any opinions, and the more I told him how... how vital she was to the team... to me... I just miss her." I set my cards down and sighed, offering him a small sympathetic smile.

"I know I'm not Mitch, or Sarah, and I don't know you like they do... but what would you and Mitch be doing right now if things were a little more ideal?"

"Mackenzie, you're not my 'Mitch backup plan' we are friends..."

"Okay, not the point, answer the question."

"Uh... I dunno, he'd tell me to suck it up, and if I wanted to fix it I would... I just... I don't know how to fix this. I really fucked up."

"Yeah... you did. And I don't want to be playing devils advocate or anything... but, youll find a way to fix this. If you love her the way that.... The way that I think that you do, you'll fix this, even if it's not for months from now... find a way to show her." He nodded and stared at his hands for a moment and then looked back at me and gave me a small smile. He played his last 3 cards in a row, skipping mine, giving me a +4, and playing his last card, a green 4.

"I'll see you later." He said with a smug smile and I rolled my eyes and got up from the chair across the coffee table and nodded, taking the hint that he wanted to be alone. I sling my bag over my shoulder and left him in his ready room. I went back to the ready room and made sure I had my cameras ready and in their bags to be moved to the catwalk between the barricades and the stage, making sure I kept my favorite around my neck. 

As much as I love being behind the camera, I really miss doing make up and hair, the thing I was actually hired to do. Don't get me wrong, I so enjoy what I'm doing, and I love being able to do this for Vic while she handles everything she needs to. I've been a little concerned about her lately... I haven't spoken to her since that FaceTime call 2 weeks ago, and neither has Sarah, she's been dodging our calls and texts, and she hasn't responded to any of the tiktoks I've tried sending her so I've stopped trying. I'm worried, but I know if she wanted to or needed to, she would've reached out... and I get it, she's really going through some stuff right now, I get that, sometimes you just need some space, so I'll give her space and I'll be right here if she needs anything. I just hope she's okay.

-

As he finished the song the arena went up in a thunderous combination of screaming and applause as Harry grabbed a bottle of water and quickly took a few sips before placing it back on the ground by his feet with a big smile. It was nice to see him happy again, I remember the first week she left he was so miserable, not that he should've been feeling any other way, he fucked up and should feel like shit about it, but on the other hand, he's one of my best friends and I don't want to see him suffering with this alone, considering he's pushed away his 3 closest friends.