Full Time

Vic

"And that's why, I sadly, am submitting my 2 weeks notice." I finished and handed my boss my written notice with a sad sigh.

"I gotta say- I'm a little surprised but, I understand. I must say, we'll miss your energy around here." He said with a smile.

"I'll miss being here, but I know it's the right thing." I told him truthfully and I stood up and he followed. He held his hand out over the desk and I shook it and gave him a sincere smile before I left his office. I looked over to my desk and saw David sitting in his, he looked up and caught me looking so I gave him a small smile and decided that maybe working from home would be fun today. Before leaving I stopped at Sophia's office and knocked on the door and let myself in. She looked up and smiled at me as I took a seat across from her and rested my elbows on her desk.

"So...." I started and she gave me a quizzical look.

"Sooooo...." She said back and I raised my eyebrows and nodded.

"I just submitted my two weeks notice to Steven." I said and her eyes went wide and her mouth fell open.

"You.... You quit?!" She asked loudly and I nodded.

"Jeff... he offered me a permanent photography position on the team... and a very generous raise." I said and she sat back in her chair and nodded. "I'm getting... a lot of high status requests outside of the studio... all things I can't do here." I continued, her expression softened and she gave me a small smile.

"So... you're fully on Harry's team? Like you got an offer, signed the papers, full time on this?" She asked and I nodded. "When did it happen?"

"Yesterday, I met with Jeff and I signed."

"No not that- when did you and Harry get back together?" She asked bluntly and my eyes went wide and I shook my head.

"No, we aren't- we're not back together." I said quickly and she smiled and shook her head.

"Then what happened?"

"Nothing happened, I just like my job."

"No I don't doubt that, you would've taken it even if you two were still not talking. But something happened... I know you too well, Vic. Spill." She added and I sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I know she doesn't like him and she probably won't be too thrilled about it. But we also wanted to wait to say anything to anyone about what happened until we knew what we wanted to say and do. We didn't want to have to explain what we were doing or what we were right now.

"Vic... I'm not mad. If this is what you want... if this makes you happy... then sure- go for it. But he's hurt you... more than once, just don't forget that. I don't want to see you back to where you were 5 months ago, I want you to be happy." She said and I gave her a small smile.

"We aren't even sure what's going on yet... we kissed, that's as far as it went, and then I left. We're talking again now, nothing serious, it just feels comfortable again. Like we don't have to try so hard, we got a lot out in the open when we talked that night." I told her, I didn't want to tell her any details, that was just for him and I. "I trust him."

"You're my best friend, I have your back either way. Just know... I still don't like him." She said and smiled and I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"I expected as much." I said and she laughed and waved me off.

"I'll see you later." She added and I nodded and let myself out. I pulled my phone out to text Harry and see where he was so I could share the news. When he took too long to respond I figured I'd stop by the studio and see who was around, assuming he was there and busy meant that Mitch was surely with him, and maybe even Sarah.

I pulled up and parked beside Harry's car and smiled to myself. I hurried in and made my way down to the studio and let myself in and froze when I entered the door.

"Mack? You're here?! You never come to the studio, this is so exciting." I said happily as I rushed over to her and gave her a hug.

"Sarah told me if I came we could go to lunch right after. I never come because I don't have anything to do when I'm here, it's kinda... boring?" She said and my jaw fell open.

"Are you kidding?! When I'm not in the room shooting my favorite thing to do is sit out here with Jeff and make fun of them." I told her and Jeff chuckled from the sound board. I looked into the recording room and waved to Sarah and Mitch and Sarah waved back excitedly and held a finger up in the air as she took her head set off. She rushed towards the door and rushed over to me to give me a hug.

"I'm actually so glad you're all here, I have such exciting news. I actually uh... quit the studio today and joined the team... like full time... permanent." I said and Sarah started clapping.

"That's amazing! Oh my god, that's so exciting!" Mackenzie said with a big smile.

"Does that mean you'll get to hang around us all the time now?" Mitch asked from the doorway of the recording room and I smiled to him and nodded getting a wink in return. I looked around and noticed the only one missing was Harry, as Sarah and Mitch got back to what they were doing I slipped out and back into the hall. I turned on my heel to walk towards the front when I saw Harry walking towards me with a smile.

"Talked to Jeff this morning..." he started and I shrugged with a wide smile on my face as he walked into me wrapping his arms tightly around me, engulfing me in the scent of his laundry detergent and cologne... it was so refreshing. We pulled away and he placed a hand in my cheek and brushed his thumb over my skin and leaned in, kissing me sweetly. I heard a door shut behind us and we both quickly took a step apart and looked behind me to see Mackenzie standing awkwardly in front of the closed door.

"Cool cool..." she said, pursing her lips and nodding. She put her hands up and took a few steps backwards. "So... continue.." she said as she grabbed the door and opened it again, "I wasn't even here... this didn't happen." She added and just walked back into the room. We were silent for a moment before we both started laughing. We turned our attention back to each other and as our laughter died down we just looked at one another. He had a small smile playing on his lips and and I could feel my cheeks getting hot the longer he looked at me.

"Did you tell her yet?" He asked and I giggled and shook my head.

"Have you?" I asked back and pressed his lips together and shook his head.

"No.... but I guess we just did, huh?" He said and I shrugged, he quickly checked his phone and put it back in his pocket before he leaned in and kissed my cheek quickly.

"I gotta get back in there, I'll see you later though? Pick you up around 7? It's important." He said happily and I raised my eyebrows and smiled.

"Yeah, okay. I'll see you at 7 then."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

AHHHHHH!!! NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE

B I G

I love you all so much, I hope everyone had an amazing week!!! I know i did, me and my best friend in the world (my friend Mackenzie) got Cherry Pit for the Long Island HSLOT show on the 28th!!!!!!!!!!!! If any of y'all are going to that show LEAVE A COMMENT OR MESSAGE ME!!! We could totally meet up if you wanted to meet me and my best friend who I modeled OUR Mackenzie directly after.

I hope you all enjoy this super short little filler chapter, I'm so happy Vic is branching out with her work and stepping out on her own.

What do we think Harry and Vic are up to with their little secret fling going on?

What do we think the next chapter's gonna be????

All the love- stay healthy and safe
-r