Chapter 47

*I'll star when to play the song*

Tanna Carson

Luke and I were laying in the back of his car, my head on his chest as our eyes remained locked on the beautiful scenery in front of us.

We had been talking for the last two hours and I couldn't help the way my smile grew wider at the picnic basket he brought out from the back seat. The amount of effort this boy went through for this date was beyond belief.

"I've got something else to show you." At the sound of his voice, I lift my head off his chest, removing my gaze from the sea before placing it onto him.

"Something else? There's more Luke? This is all perfect as it is."

"Yes, something else." He says chuckling and I lean back slightly, watching him hop out the trunk of the car.

"You know, I'd be happy at home even, as long as you were there with me." I let my eyes wander back to the waves crashing against the rocks, waiting for Luke to come back.

"I know, I would be too, but let me spoil you once in a while eh?" As soon as he pops back into my peripheral version, I turn my head completely to see him standing there, lifting his guitar strap over his head.

I don't know what it is, but everything he seems to do is extremely attractive. Like I don't know how him slinging his guitar over his head is attractive, but it just is.

I moved closer to the end of the trunk, swinging my legs out the back of the car as Luke walked closer to me.

"I've been working on this song for a while and I finally finished it. I- um yeah, I guess?" I could sense the nervousness radiating off of him, which still wasn't something I was extremely used to when it came to his music.

"I'm listening love." I let the words escape my lips softly, smiling encouragingly at him to show that my attention was solely focused on him.

His smile mirrors mine before he drops his gaze down to his guitar, strumming the opening chords to his song.

*   *   *   *   *  *   *   *    *   *

"You knew I would fall
Before I would break
And you knew it all
All that I could take
I don't know why
I thought it was you
I'd change the hands of time
If only I knew

'Cause I've seen the best and worst that's inside of me
Dreams are all mixed up with reality
It could've been anyone, been anyone"

I sit there, completely mesmerized by him as a whole. I couldn't take my eyes off of him, letting his voice run through my ears as I listened to every single word.

At the start of the chorus he lifted his eyes from his guitar, looking directly into mine as he sang to me.

"A thousand hearts could've bloomed here before
You came into view and it had to be yours
And all the wasted time is reminding me of
Searching for you in another's touch

But if I knew then, what I know now
Then baby I swear I'd be making you proud
It's taken some time, but now I realize I'm yours

'Cause if I knew then, what I know now
We'd climb to the top and we'd never look down
I was waiting for something
But it's not for nothing anymore"