Chapter 21

An: play the song if you can and want to at the stars ***

>>>>>>

I stand in the same spot, not moving until I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders.

"Let's go sit on the couch yeah?" I feel a hand slip in mine, causing me to look to the side with hope, only for it to vanish when I'm met with Reggie's worried eyes.

I just close my eyes, shaking my head slightly before the three of us make our way to the couch. I sit down next to Alex as Reggie sits on the arm of the chair next to us.

I sigh, closing my eyes before dropping my head onto Alex's shoulder, letting him hold my hand tightly in his.

"I'm not gonna make you talk, because I know you and that you don't want to right now, but whatever you're feeling is okay. Reg and I are both here and you don't have to make any decision right now yeah?"

I stay quiet, choosing just to nod my head in response.

"You know." Alex's voice comes out muffled before he continues speaking, "even though your hair smells like strawberries, I don't think it's supposed to be in my mouth."

I let out a sad laugh, sitting up as I shake my head with a smile.

"There's that beautiful smile." Alex says squeezing my hand with a smile. "How about we get out of here and go get ice cream?"

"I'm up for it." Reggie says supportively, making me smile at him before I shake my head.

"But look whose looking here." I tilt my head to the side, gesturing to the figure my eyes briefly gazed over.

"Ooh, Willie's here." Reggie says, patting Alex's shoulder excitedly, making him blush. "And he's heading this way!"

"Hey Alex." I watch as Alex stands up, letting go of my hand as Willie rubs the back of his head nervously.

"Hey Willie, what's up."

"We were gonna play some beer pong and I needed a partner and I was wondering if you wanted to come join?" My smile widens as my eyes flicker over to Reggie in excitement as his eyes meet mine.

"Ah man, I'd love to but Ta-"

"Yes, he'd love to." I cut in, making Willies smile widen as Alex's gaze snaps over to mine with worried eyes as he crouched down in front of me. "I'm fine Al, go! I've got Reggie, I'm not alone."

"But Tan, I'm worri-"

"Al, please." I ask him with pleading eyes, knowing he will give in and I don't want him to miss out because of me. I watch him nod hesitantly making my smile widen. "Yay, okay, we'll see you later."

I move over to where Alex was sitting, taking his place closer to Reggie as the two of us watch Alex and Willie laughing with each other at the ping pong table.

"They're so cute." I say sighing as I lean back against the couch. "I'm so happy for him."

"I know Alex already said it, but if you ever need to speak to anyone, I'm always here, even if it's about what Starbucks you should get because you're bored of your usual."

"Hey, that only happened once Reg." I say defensively making him raise his eyebrows in amusement. "Okay it's happened a few times."

I look around at all the people everywhere, my eyes landing on Luke with that girl draped across him, their foreheads touching, making my eyes snap back to Reggie.

"How about we go for a walk along the beach, What do you say?" He offers, gesturing with his hands in front of him.

"That sounds nice." I say smiling, standing up and dusting off my pants as Reggie grabs his leather jacket off the back of the couch.

He places his hand in mine before leading us to the entrance of the house and towards the beach.

***

Our hands separate as I open my arms allowing the breeze to rush past my body, twirling around, taking in the beauty around us.

"The beach is so beautiful here." I say as the two of us walk down the beach together. "Have you been here before?"

"Yeah, my parents house is actually down there." He says pointing to one of the houses opposite the beach.

"It's stunning." I say admiring the mansion like house before turning to look at him.

"I used to come here a lot." He says, leading us to a boulder further down the beach, climbing on it before helping me up. My gaze remains on the ocean waves which become almost hypnotic the more I watch them break against the sand.

"My parents used to fight, a lot. They were always on the brink of divorce but never actually got to that point I guess. Whenever they used to fight, I used to escape to here, sitting here for hours, trying to sort through my thoughts and everything."

"I'm sorry Reg, I didn't know." I say softly, turning to look at him, giving him my full attention as he speaks.

"Don't be, it wasn't your fault. We all go through different things but I guess those things bring us to where we are today, it brought me to where I am now and I couldn't be more grateful."

"Sometimes I wonder whether moving here was in my best interest." I say softly making him tilt his head in confusion. "Or at least moving in with you guys. I've loved these past months with you guys, but I feel like all this, just could have been avoided you know?"

"I'm sorry Tan." My eyes widen as I turn to him causing him to shrug in confusion. "What?"

"You didn't call me Roomie, you always call me that." I say with a smile making him chuckle.

"I guess I do." He says smiling at me as his eyes sparkle. I feel myself shiver involuntarily as the wind starts to bite at my skin. I watch as Reggie lifts and drapes his leather jacket around my shoulders before leaning back on his hands again.

"You're gonna need that."

"I've got the flannel, don't worry."

"I- can I ask you something?"

"Always, I can't promise an answer, but I can try."

"Was this whole thing with Luke and me just in my head?" I ask softly, not really wanting him to tell me it was.

"Alex and I saw the way he looked at you, he was always with you or wanted to be around you, he always spoke about you. Seriously, he would never shut up about you." He tells me, making me shake my head as a painful laugh leaves my lips as he whispers the last part. "Luke doesn't know how special the girl right in front of him is."

I lift my hand up to my face, wiping away the few tears that escaped at Reggies words.

"You know, When I was sad, I used to picture a t-Rex making a bed." Not even a second later, the tears were replaced with immense laughter as I rested my head on his shoulder, keeping my gaze on the waves.