Chapter 6

Tanna Carson

"I can't believe my baby is leaving." My mom says I stand with her and my dad at the airport boarding gate.

"No ma, please don't cry." I sigh, my heart tightening at the sight of her eyes watering. "I'm only a phone call away and I'll come back as often as you guys let me."

"Tan, you know you can come home any time, we're going to miss you." My dad says which causes me to smile sadly.

"Stay safe honey. I know Alex will look after you but please just promise us that you wo-"

"I promise ma."

Flight 620 To Los Angeles boarding now. Last call for Flight 620 To Los Angeles boarding now.

The sound echoing through the airport sound system makes my heart skip a beat. I engulf both of my parents both in a hug, keeping them close to me for the last time in a while.

"I love you guys, thank you for letting me go and for giving me this opportunity."

"We are so proud of you, enjoy college my darling." My dad says, kissing my forehead before I pull away from the two of them.

I hall my my overnight bag onto my shoulder as I walk towards the gate before handing the attendant my ticket.

"Here we go, have a safe flight." She says sympathy in her voice as she picks up the sight of my tear stained cheeks.

"Thank you." I say sniffling, wiping underneath my eyes with the sleeve that was pulled over my hands.

As I'm about to step forward I stop, turning around to face my parents once again. I bite the inside of my cheeks, trying to control my emotions as I lift my hand to wave to them.

I smile softly watching as they wave back at me, urging me to continue walking.

Nodding slowly, I turn back around, walking through the gate all the way onto the plane where the air hostess helped direct me to my seat.

I unclip the neck cushion from my bag, placing it around my neck as I settle into the window seat.

With my ear phones in my ears, my eyes stay trained outside the window as the flight gradually takes off.

Eleven hours later and I'll be with my best friend again.

                        -                       

11 hours later

I feel my eyes flutter open, letting my eyes focus on the window once again, noticing The plane was in its descent.

I stretch my arms out in the space in front of me, listening to the air hostess's voice as it sounds through the body of the plane.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Los Angeles Airport. Local time is 6:45 am and the temperature is currently 20°C

For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Seat Belt lights.

Please ensure that you check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight.

If you require any other assistance, please remain in your seat until all other passengers have exited. One of our crew members will then be more than willing to assist you.

On behalf of LA Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this flight and we are looking forward to seeing you soon in the near future. Have a good day!"

I smile as I watch the seatbelt light flicker off as the plane comes to a halt. I can't help but rush to grab my bag from the overhead bin and out the plane.

Although I technically just saw Alex for prom, it's still been over a month since then.

We haven't really had that much contact because of my finals, so as soon as I grab my luggage from the pulley system, I'm out the boarding sector searching for him.

My eyes settle on Alex leaning against one of the poles, struggling to keep his eyes open and focused on his phone.

I laugh softly, shaking my head as I walk over to him, pulling my bags closer to me to get them to balance upright.

"You're a bit tired yeah?" The words cause him to look up from his phone as I look up at him with a smile. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a hug which lingers for a while. "Hey Al."

"Tan, can't believe you're actually here." He says with wide eyes as he pulls away to help me take my bags to his car.

"Are you awake enough to drive?" I tease as he closes the boot and hops into the drivers seat.

"To be fair, I had to be up at 5:30 to be here on time, that's way too early. The guys were going to come but they weren't too keen on getting up this morning." I chuckle at his response as he pulls out of the airport and onto the main road.

"Are you sure it's not because your Prius is too small." I tease him again, remembering all the stories he told me about the guys mocking his car.

"Don't bash Lucy, she's my baby." I can't help but laugh at the name as I turn my head to look out the window.

"It's really beautiful here." I say, taking in the LA scenery as it rushes past the window every second.

"It is, you're really gonna like it here. The guys and I can take you around once you're settled in, yeah?"

"Definitely, that would be incredible!" I say smiling as he pulls into a driveway.

"Welcome to your new home Tan." He turns off the ignition before going to the boot and grabbing my bags out the car. I grab one of them, following after him as he walks inside the house.

"The boys are probably still asleep, so unless you're tired and wanna go to your room now, how does a movie sound?"

"I'm so up for it. I cannot sleep anymore, I slept for majority of the plane ride."

"Okay, we'll then come on." He walks through the house, showing me around as we make our way towards the TV-room.

I get comfortable on the couch as Alex grabs the remote before sitting next to me. "Whatcha wanna watch?"

"Can we watch Dirty Dancing?"

"Again?" He asks with wide eyes, making me laugh as he clicks on the the movie before pulling me into him as he sits down on the couch.

As the movie plays, Alex and I can't help but sing along, which is probably going to wake the other boys.

I hear footsteps coming from the staircase we walked past earlier as a voice echoes through the apartment.

"Why are you being so loud man?" I hear Reggie's tired voice and I can't help but perk up in excitement. Alex chuckles softly, leaning over to pause the movie as Reggie walks into the room.

"Hi Reg."