Chapter 19

Luke Patterson

"Boys, you will not believe what just happened!" I say excitedly as I walk into the café, meeting the boys at a table.

"You booked us a gig?" I shake my head, biting my lip as I smile widely.

"You wrote a new song?"

"No, well I mean I have been writing but not what I'm saying."

"Okay so tell us!" Reggie exclaims, throwing his hands up, desperately wanting to know.

"You remember that girl Laura?"

"The one that was in our Music History class last year?" Alex asks with a questioning look across his face.

"Yeah, her." I say, flipping the chair around before sitting across it. The boys stare at me as I stare back in confusion before realizing that I was telling them something. "Oh, yes so I ran into her today and we started talking. Turns out she was at our gig at The Orpheum and guess what?"

"Luke man, stop with the guessing and just tell us." Alex says huffing making Luke chuckle.

"Right, Well her Mom is the head of a record label." I watch the boys eyes widen as the words leave my lips. "Ivory Records to be exact."

I lean down onto the backing of the chair, struggling to contain my excitement.

"But how does this affect us?" Reggie asks genuinely confused making me roll my eyes.

"Well buddy, Laura said she wants to bring her mom to our next gig."

"No ways!"

"Yes ways. Boys this is it, being signed by a record label will really put our name out there. Demos, then our singles on radios and then tours!"

"Woah, calm down there Luke." Alex says shaking his head before continuing, "but I get you, this is a really big opportunity, we just mustn't get our hopes up, ya know?"

"Yeah man, have we even booked our next gig?" Reggie brings up as Alex agrees with his point.

"Working on it." I say pulling out my phone to show the boys all the possible shows we could book as they lean over my phone.

"These are really big Luke." Alex says rubbing his neck as he leans back in his chair.

"Yeah, you think we could even book one of these?" Reggie says making me roll my eyes.

"Boys, we played The Orpheum two weeks ago! The Orpheum!"

"He's got a point." Reggie says shrugging as he leans back in his chair as a waiter comes by to take our orders. "Don't forget to order something for Tanna."

"Hey, um where's Tanna?" I ask, lifting my head up from my phone at Reggie's mention of her name.

"Didn't you read the group?"

"No, is she okay?"

"Yeah man, she's writing mid-terms remember? She wanted to study." I nod slowly, the thought filtering back into my mind.

My phone beeps, causing me to snap out of my thoughts and gaze down at the message on my screen.

"Boys, how does a party sound next week?"

>>>>>

Alex Mercer

I stand quietly in the door frame of Tanna's room after opening the door slowly. I watch as her head rests in her hands making me furrow my eyebrows as I walk closer, closing the door behind me.

"Hey bestie." My voice comes out softly as I crouch down next to her, leaving the food on her desk. "What's wrong?"

"I feel like I'm going to pass out." I put my hand on her thigh, watching her breathe deeply before lifting her head to look at me.

"Have you been crying?"

"I really don't feel well Al." My heart clenches seeing her pale skin and wet cheeks.

"Why don't you take a break from studying yeah? I think you've got the work down. Stressing is only going to make you feel worse." She nods tentatively making me smile lightly. "Have you eaten anything?"

"I ate breakfast." She shrugs as I shake my head.

"Okay, you need to eat a bit, please." I gently push the food in front of her making her smile and thank me.

"You didn't need to get me anything." I roll my eyes as I pick up the milkshake and wave it in my hands. I watch her eyes light up making me laugh.

"Mmh thought so." She nudges me laughing softly before taking the milkshake out of my hands. I take a seat on her bed as she faces me, keeping her company and making conversation while she eats. 

"I-Um, is Luke here?"

"Ouch, I see how it is." I tease, pushing myself off my bed and pretending to walk away when he grabs my hand and pulls me back.

"Al." She pouts and I can't help but chuckle.

"I'm only teasing you." I say winking as she giggles. "But, I don't think so, he said he was meeting someone, he'll be home soon."

Tanna Carson

"You know, a nap kinda sounds good right now." I say yawning, not realizing how drained studying made me.

"Well come on, what're you waiting for." Alex says as he lifts the sheets open next to him.

"No Al, I'm gonna make you sick." I shake my head in disagreement, knowing the two of us sick at the same time would be unbearable.

"Oh please, I'll live." I narrow my eyes at him, not moving from the chair until he gives in. "Okay at least let me stay until you fall asleep?"

I eventually give in, slipping into bed and laying on his chest as he slowly runs his hand through my hair while singing softly. I sigh in content as I feel myself being lulled to sleep.

Not long after, I feel the bed dip before a hand moves some hair out of my face. My eyes stay closed until a thumb runs across my bottom lip, making my eyes flutter open.

"Overworking yourself now Carson?" He whispers softly making me smile as I stretch my arms out besides me. I sit up slowly trying prevent my head from throbbing as I wrap my hands around his neck, burying my head in his neck. "Care for some company?"

"I don't want to make you sick Luke."

"Is that why you're not letting go?" His chest vibrates as my arms remain wrapped around him, keeping him close to me.

"Mmhh."