Chapter 13

Tanna Carson

"Hey guys, have you seen Alex, thought he'd be down here?" I ask walking into the TV room, finding Luke and Reggie spread out on the couches watching a movie.

"Have you checked his room?" Reggie asks, lifting his head up from the couch.

"When you put it like that, it was probably stupid of me not to check there first." I roll my eyes as I turn around to leave the room, stopping at the sound of my name being called.

"Tan?" I shake my head, swiveling neck around on my heel to face the couch.

"Yeah Patterson?"

"Nice pyjama's." I can feel my cheeks redden as he winks at me, his eyes traveling over my lace pyjama's.

Without saying anything else, I leave the two of them and make my way back upstairs towards Alex's bedroom.

"Knock knock." I say as my fist collides with the Alex's bedroom door.

I open the door slowly after hearing him mutter come in from the other side of the door. I step inside, closing the door behind me as I look over to where he's leaning against the headboard on his bed.

I walk over, taking a seat a bit further forward on the bed as he sits still with his head dropped down, focused on his hands that were fiddling nervously, a habit that he picked up over the years.

"Al, can we talk?" He nods his head slightly in response, but doesn't lift his gaze to meet mine. "I'm not mad at you in the slightest, you know that right? Just wanna talk." I can't help but shuffle a bit forward so that I could rest my hand on top of his.

I watch as he lifts his head, his eyes filled with sadness and guilt which only makes my heart clench.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you Tan." His voice comes out as a whisper as I squeeze his hand.

"I- I'm sure you had your reasons, I don't doubt that, but I do want you to know that you could always tell me anything, no matter what. You know that right?"

"You know I do, I just, it all happened so suddenly and we weren't even sure about what was going on."

"When was this?" I ask softly as he sighs before answering.

"Last year, we started dating around the beginning of the year."

"Was it like a serious thing?" I ask cautiously, not wanting to bring up something that might upset him.

"Partially?"

"Um, what do you mean by that." I say laughing lightly, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"Well, before we called it off, we were going out for around six months." He says rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Six Months and you didn't tell me?! Alex six months is a long time to have kept something from your best friend."

"I'm sorry okay!"

"No, Just." I huff, rubbing my hand over my face while letting go of a breath I didn't know i was holding. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout."

My words come out much softer as he nods softly. Alex and I didn't fight much, not to say that we didn't fight at all, but it just didn't happen often, besides the pointless arguments.

"It's just, six months is a really long time Al and I don't want to make it about me, but I'm worried by the fact that you felt like you couldn't open up to me about your relationship with him. You know I'd only ever be happy for you."

"It was something new for the two of us. Luke and I have been friends since I moved to Los Angeles and while I was more comfortable with my sexuality, he still wasn't totally sure. I don't have any valid reason for not telling you, I'm sorry I'm such a bad best friend." His head drops at the end of his words making me pout.

"You are anything but a bad best friend, I don't even know where I'd even be today if it weren't for you Al, you are literally everything to me okay?"

"I'm sorry Tan."

"Okay, no more sorry yeah?" I tease, watching a smile break out onto his face. "Now, serious question."

"Umm, yes?" He questions cautiously making me giggle.

"Can we cuddle?"

"Oh, one hundred percent." I smile at his usual happiness in his voice as he gets off the blanket before opening the bed. "Come here."

I smile as I crawl in besides him, resting my head on his chest as I focus on the sound of his heart beat.

"What do you think of going to the beach tomorrow, maybe the boys and I can show you around a bit?"

"I'd love that, can't wait!" I say excitedly as Alex picks up his phone to message the boys and tell them.

"Can I stay here tonight?" I ask, lifting my head off his chest to look at him.

"You know you don't have to ask." I smile up at him before resting my head back on his chest as my thoughts run wild. "Have you been getting enough sleep?"

"Not as much as I'd like, but the jet lag is finally wearing off." He hums at my response before replying.

"You should get some sleep then, I feel like you'll need all the energy you can get for tomorrow." I can't help but laugh at the indirect mention of the boys and their craziness that I've already become so used to.

"Al?"

"Mmh?"

"One more question."

"I'm all ears."

"Are you and Luke still a thing or..." With the words that leave my mouth, his chest vibrates from laughter before answering.

"No tan, he's all yours."

"That's not what I meant."

"All I'm saying, is that if you were to go for it, I trust Luke."