Chapter 22

It's been two weeks since the party and at first I decided I would avoid Luke, but if anything I didn't even need to make that choice since he hasn't made it hard.

As far as I know, he hasn't been at home a lot, which I'm going to take a lucky guess and go with the fact that he's been with that girl Laura from the party.

I don't actually know that that's where he's been and as much as I'd hate to admit it, there's a part of me hanging onto the idea that he hasn't been with her, but who am I kidding.

I haven't been out much besides casual Starbucks runs and class, which on the bright side of things, I did really well on all my mid-terms.

Alex and Reggie are always trying to drag me out of the house, but I prefer to just chill at home, mostly in my room.

Despite all the times that Alex would choose to stay home with me, I finally got him to go out with Willie a few days after the party. I can see at first he was hesitant talking about their dates to me, but it genuinely made me so happy seeing my best friend like that and now him and now that Willie are officially together, I couldn't be happier.

I haven't exactly talked to anyone about what happened, besides what I said to Reggie at the beach the night of the party. It's not like I can change anything when he clearly doesn't care.

"Miss Carson." I snap my head up from the desk I was sitting at to see the teacher call me over with her head. I sigh to myself, nodding before packing up and slinging my bag over my shoulder as I walk over to her desk. "I know it's not my place, but I just wanted to make sure that you're okay."

I flash her a sad smile as I nod my head slightly.

"I've just noticed a change in the pieces you just submitted for your portfolio."

"Yes, sorry, I can submit new ones, it's just that it's easier to portray my work more genuinely when I reflect on certain things

"Yes, sorry, I can submit new ones, it's just that it's easier to portray my work more genuinely when I reflect on certain things."

"Oh no dear, don't get me wrong, they are just as incredible as always." She says with a soft, comforting smile.