Chapter 49

Tanna Carson

The sound of my phone not just ringing, but blaring way too early in the morning, wakes me up, interrupting the peacefulness of the room.

I narrow my eyes slightly, peeking them open to skim around for my phone but I just couldn't seem to find it.

I groan softly to myself, dropping my head back down onto the cushion in hopes that the call would end soon without me having to stop it.

The phone finally stopped ringing and I sigh in relief, cuddling back into Luke as I relish in the silence once again, which was soon interrupted by my phone ringing again.

I prop myself up on one of my elbows, patting the pedestal besides me, trying to find my phone.

"Baby, turn it off." If it wasn't for the sound of the phone continuously ringing in the background, I swear I would have just melted right there and then.

The way Luke's voice was completely hoarse, filled entirely with sleep, made my whole body feel weak, which went unnoticed by him as he cuddled further into me, pulling me closer to him.

I laugh lightly, not wanting to disturb him from falling asleep again.

I slide my hand underneath the pillow and as soon as I feel my hand knock my phone, I sigh in relief, quickly lifting it up to check the screen.

I turn my head down to Luke, who had fallen back asleep, allowing me to sit up gently without disturbing him.

After running my hand through my hair, I accept the call, holding the phone in front of my face as it connects.

"My darling, Happy birthday!" A smile immediately crosses my face at the sight of my mom on my phone screen.

"Hi ma, thank you." I say groggily, making it evident that I had just woken up.

"Did I wake you?"

"Mmh, but it's okay." I keep my voice soft as I turn the volume down on the side of my phone. "I miss you and dad."

"We miss you too Tan but we know you're happy in Los Angeles and that's all we could ask for." My heart warms at her words, knowing how grateful I was to have parents like them. "So what are your plans for today?"

"It's still early now, so everyone's asleep, but I'm not sure what the plans are for later. Knowing Alex, he definitely planned something."

"Do something fun Tan, go out or go to a party, you only turn 19 once." I can't help but giggle at her words a bit louder, shaking my head in disbelief. "Just remember to stay safe."

"You're my mom, you're not supposed to encourage those things."

"Agh please, I've raised you well haven't I?"

I nod my head, still laughing softly when I feel the bed shift besides me and two arms wrap around my waist.

Luke props his head into my neck, squeezing me tightly against him as he places a gentle kiss on my neck.

"Morning beautiful, happy birthday." His voice is no clearer than it was earlier as he speaks into my neck.

I feel my cheeks flush red as I watch my mom raise her eyebrows quizzically at me.

"Luke." I whisper softly, trying to get his attention, but he keeps his head in my neck and his arms firmly around my waist as he mumbles something inaudible against my skin.

"I see you two are on good terms." My moms voice sounding through the phone makes Luke lift his head up so that he's looking directly at the screen.

"Oh, um, Morning Mrs Carson." I feel Luke's arms loosen slightly from my waist, but I use my free hand to stop him before intertwining our hands together.

"Mr Patterson." I can almost hear Luke gulp behind me, allowing his nervousness to shine through. "I trust you're treating my daughter better than before."

My eyes widen at my mom, not knowing those were the words that were going to leave her lips. I squeeze Luke's hand in mine, reassuring him that my mom was just pressing him.

"I can assure you Mrs Carson, your daughter means everything to me, I would be stupid to mess up with her again."

"You would indeed." There was a moment of silence in the air and I could tell that Luke was unsure of what to say next so I quickly spoke up.

"Okay ma, we're gonna go now. I think Alex just woke up and you know how he is on my birthday, but I'll speak to you later."

"Okay okay, enjoy today darling, I love you lots."

"I love you too."

"Bye Mrs Carson." Luke says nervously from besides me, making me narrow my eyes at my mom, pleading for her to be nice.

"I'm watching you Mr Patterson." With that, I shake my head, smiling slightly before ending the phone call and dropping my phone down onto the bed.

"That went so badly." I could practically hear the distress seeping through his words and I sighed in response before leaning back against his chest.

"No love, my moms just pressing you, I promise." I turn my head to the side, letting my eyes rest on his face and my head against his shoulder. "She's trying to act tough."

"Okay yeah, maybe you're right." He nods to himself, his eyes still remaining directly in front of him.

I sit up, making his hands fall away from my waist as I turn to face him.

"You know, it probably didn't help that you were shirtless and we were in bed together." I playfully tease him, running my eyes over his chest before watching his eyes widen in realization.

"Oh my god, your mom definitely hates me." He flops back onto the bed dramatically, his head landing on top of his pillow as I laugh in response.

"I promise she doesn't, No one can hate you Luke." I say smiling at him before laying down on top of him, resting my arms on his chest. "Now, I don't know what you boys have planned for later but..."

I lean down, connecting my lips with his, letting my eyes flutter closed as his lips mold against mine.

"What was that for?" He asks as soon as I pull away, keeping my eyes connected with his.

"Can I not take advantage of the fact that everyone else in the house is fast asleep right now?" He raises his eyebrows curiously and the excitement that sparkles in his eyes is extremely evident.

"Well in that case, birthday girl..." Luke's eyes never left mine, only fluttering closed as our lips brushed over each others lightly before fully making contact once again.

Luke pulled me closer against him, insistent on parting my lips making me desperately crave more. I let myself sink deeper into the kiss, letting my whole body melt into his.

>.         >.        >.         >.        >. 

2 more chapters left!

I do have two more after that but we will see! Would you guys like a sunset curve playlist of the boys at the end of the story?