Chapter 20

I'll put some stars (****) when you should play the song.

>>>>>>>>

"Hey Al, can you come here please!" I shout from my bedroom as I stand in the view of my mirror. "Al!"

I hear a knock on the open door, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I turn to look at the door.

"I'm not Alex, but can I come in?" I see Luke leaning against the doorframe in black jeans with his chains connected and hanging across them. He was wearing a soft black button up with the top three buttons wide open.

"A shirt with sleeves, you feeling okay?" I tease while he smirks before walking towards me.

I turn to the mirror looking at my outfit again, still unsure of what to wear.

"I'm sorry, I know how much you love the sleeveless ones." He says winking at me through the mirror as he wraps his arms around my waist from behind.

I roll my eyes as a blush creeps up on my cheeks.

"Do I look okay?" I ask after catching his eyes running over my figure in the mirror as a smile rests on his lips.

"Don't you look beautiful eh?" I shake my head with a smile as I gaze over the silver bandeau top and tight black pants that flare at the bottom.

"I-you don't think I should wear a dress or something?" I ask as his eyes furrow at my question.

"You look stunning Tan, why would you change?" I just shrug in response, not really knowing the best thing to wear to a college party. He slowly drops his hands from around my waist, moving them to rest on my hips as he turns me around to face him. "Well, you look perfect."

I keep my eyes on his, pressing completely against his body as he looks down at me. He gently tucks his fingers under my chin, running his thumb over my bottom lip as his eyes follow suit.

My stomach flips and my eyes flutter closed as he moves even closer to the point that I feel his bottom lip brush mine.

"You called?" Luke drops his head into my neck, hugging me tightly against him as I giggle and roll my eyes at Alex's voice.

"Yeah, like ten minutes ago."

"Well, you look occupied anyways."

"I needed help with an outfit you dork. You look good by the way." I smile at his black jeans matched with a plain black sweater and his white collar tucked out the top.

"Thanks Tan, I'm sure you look gorgeous as always, but you know." He gestures to Luke who hasn't moved, making me laugh again.

"Patterson, mind letting go for a second?" I smile as he squeezes me tighter before letting go to sit on my bed.

"Okay yes! You look so good!" Alex says, emphasizing his words, waving his hands in the air.

"What are we excited about?" I hear Reggie's voice from down the hallway as he walks into my Room. "Oh, you look really good Roomie."

"I call one of you and land up with all three of you in my room." I shake my head laughing as I walk over to my cupboard, taking out my black boots and silver heels before slipping one of each on. "Now that you're all here, which shoe?"

"The heels, definitely." Alex says making me smile as I look at the other two boys.

"Yeah, they match with the top." Luke says making my eyebrow raise in amusement. "What you asked?"

"He's not wrong, the silver is the same!" Reggie exclaims as he agrees with Luke.

"Okay, ready to go then?" I ask, swiveling around to face them after chucking the boots back in my cupboard.

The four of us make our way down to Reggie's car who offered to drive us tonight.

The party was at some fraternity house that was connected right to the beach. The drive wasn't too long and eventually Reggie found a parking amoung all the cars as we climbed out the car.

"There's a lot of people here." I say softly, mostly to myself but I know Luke here's me as he gently grabs my hand in his.

"Don't worry Tan, I'm here." He winks at me making me roll my eyes, thanking him as he chuckles in response.

"Would you two stop flirting and come?" Alex teases, causing me to focus my gaze on Alex and Reggie who were already halfway down the driveway. "And you guys tell me I take long."

I laugh as Luke and I catch up to them before we all walk into the house together, being met with blaring music, a lot of drunk teenagers, flashing lights and the smell of alcohol.

The four of us walk further into the party, laughing at Reggie who made an irrelevant comment as usual.

**

"Wanna grab drinks?" Luke asks as the three of us nod, letting Luke lead us through the crowd until he suddenly stops at the sound of someone calling his name.

"Look who it is! Luke Patterson, you made it!" I feel Luke's hand slip out of mine, my eyes dropping to the loss of contact before looking up at him with furrowed eyebrows but he doesn't look back at me.

My eyes travel to where the sound of the voice came from, noticing a girl in a tight fitting, short maroon dress. I couldn't even deny she was absolutely perfect, her tanned skin, blonde hair, she was beautiful.

I turn my head to Alex with confused eyes, only noticing the sympathy filling his eyes mixed with anger, only confusing me more.

"Laura!" Luke's voice exclaims as his arms snake around her waist, pulling her into a hug as I step back slightly. My eyes catch the girls eyes over his shoulder and watch as her eyes run over me in distaste as she pulls back.

"Aww Luke, aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"Yeah, of course, these are the boys, you know, Alex and Reggie, part of Sunset Curve." He says as I stand there quietly as he watches Laura's gaze land on me. "Oh, this is Tanna Carson." My heart clenches at his words, making out as if I was just some random other person.

"Oh, Luke's never mentioned you before?" She says with a smirk as she looks down on me. Well, that one hurt. I squeeze my own hands, trying to stay strong as I open my mouth to respond.

"We're roommates." I simply shrug, not saying anything else as she finally takes her gaze away from me and looks at Luke.

"Well then, I'm sure you won't mind if I steal him." She pulls him further away from me and I just stand there and nod, whispering to myself.

"Yeah no, of course not."