Chapter 8

Alex Mercer

"Dirty Dancing will forever be a classic, you can't change my mind." I say as the credits roll up onto the TV screen.

"You said that about Clueless the other day." Reggie says chuckling, making me roll my eyes.

"Okay, Clueless is a classic and so is Dirty Dancing. You wouldn't understand."

"Guys, the gig for the Los Angeles music festival was just confirmed." Luke says excitedly, swinging his feet off the couch to face us. "We're gonna be playing!"

"No ways, that event is supposed to be huge, one of the biggest in LA." Reggie says, shock evidently edged across his face.

"Yeah it is, which means it's the perfect place to play to gain a bigger following, we need to rehearse." He says, leaning over the back of the couch to grab his guitar.

Tanna Carson

"Not now Luke, she's sleeping." I hear a voice hiss from besides me.

"Come on boys, we have to rehearse. We'll just go downstairs to the studio, that won't wake her."

"Yeah, okay and how would you like me to get down there? I'm pretty occupied right now." Alex whispers from underneath me, allowing me to fully come to terms with my surroundings. I cuddle deeper into his chest before sitting up with my eyes closed.

"This is so bad. There is no ways I'm going to fall asleep later." I say, running my hands over my face before opening my eyes slowly.

I notice all three of them looking at me in amusement as I groan in frustration.

"Why'd you let me fall asleep?" I pout, nudging Alex's side.

"I didn't realize you'd fallen asleep and I wasn't going to wake you."

"What were you guys talking about?" I say, shaking my head as I drop my feet onto the floor in front of me.

"Our gig was just confirmed, we're playing at one of the biggest LA music festivals." Reggie explains with excitement shining through his eyes.

"That's incredible you guys! When is it?"

"Next weekend." Luke says casually, making Alex and Reggie turn to him with wide eyes. "The lineup is being posted online tonight."

"What set are we even playing?"

"Well Al," Luke says standing up off the couch before hooking his guitar over his body. "That's why I said I e needed to rehearse. Studio in ten."

With that, Luke pats Alex's shoulders, shaking them slightly before making his way out of the room.

"I need to go tune my bass, I'll see you down there." Reggie says smiling, clapping his hands as he stands up walks out the room.

"Do you wanna come down to the studio?" He asks, walking off into the kitchen as I follow him. "Water?" He offers as he opens the fridge. I nod, catching the water bottle he throws in my direction.

"Thank you." I say, opening the bottle and chugging down half of it.

I sigh in relief as the cold water runs down my throat, relieving the dehydration that I wasn't previously aware of. "I didn't realize I was that thirsty."

"Are you sure about that?" I raise my eyebrows, waiting for the teasing comment that was about to follow. "You looked quite thirsty when Luke walked into the room earlier. It must have been that."

I can't help the blush that creeps onto my face at his words, but I shake my head instead.

"Its not like that." He chuckles deeply at my sing-song tone as he walks towards me.

"As long as you believe that. Now, rehearsal?"

"Maybe after, I'd love to sort some things out first. Can you please show me my room?"

He nods, leading me up the staircase with my suitcases in hand as I follow him down the hallway.

"This..." He says gesturing to the room. "Is all yours."

I notice all the boxes scattered over the floor, alongside the queen sized bed in the corner of the room.

I walk further into the room, dropping my bags on the floor as I admire how spacious the room is.

"Do you like it? If you don't, I'm happy to swap rooms with you, I'm sure none of the boys would mind swapping as well if y-"

"Al, what are you talking about, it's perfect." I say, gushing with excitement as I swing around to face him. "Like, oh my god I can't wait to decorate. Wait, I can decorate, right?"

"Go wild, it's all yours." He says chuckling at my visible excitement. "I've gotta go downstairs to the studio before Luke starts calling me, but I'll show you around properly later on, yeah?"

I nod, walking over to him to wrap my arms around his neck tightly.

"Thank you for letting me live with you." He wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

"It was a very selfish act. I couldn't be away from my best friend any longer, it was killing me." He says playfully, but I understood the truth behind his words.

"Alex!" Luke's voice echoes through the house and I can't help but laugh as Alex rolls his eyes, moving back from the hug.

"I'm coming." He shouts back, walking towards the door. "If you get bored in here, just follow the staircase all the way down. It's only the studio down there."

I nod at him watching him smile before leaving me alone in my new bedroom.

I walk over to the cupboard, swinging it open to assess how much space I had for all of my clothes.

After getting an idea, I lean down, unzipping my suitcase to start organizing all my clothes into the empty cupboards.

Just like Alex suspected, I soon got bored of sorting out my clothes and decided to make my way downstairs to the studio.

I walk down the stairs slowly, taking in my surroundings before stopping at the transparent sliding doors that they left open.

I stay quiet, leaning against the wall as I watch them play.

To say the bare minimum, watching them over Instagram lives did them no justice. They were absolutely incredible.

I take my out my pocket, snapping a photo of the boys, as the three of them continued to play, with no mind of me being there.

"But live it like it's now or never"

At the final sound of Luke's guitar, I can't help but smile as I walk into into the studio.

"You know, I finally see what the hype is about." I laugh, making myself known as the boys snap their heads over to me."If that's what a rehearsal looks like, I can't wait to hear how you guys sound live."